SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#126398 - 12/20/05 06:17 PM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
claudiu Offline

Loc: Sterling Heights, Michigan USA
...but...i don't know what to say....if not the motif es7 ..at least the motif 6...what about the motif 6.. ? it's pretty cheap...$1200 - and sounds very nice, too..the guy told me it's kinda the same with the ES series but it's last year's model...the ES series has something more than the normal motif... well tell me... I can take the motif out of my head because my va76 does everything i need ? yes / no

thank you !

claudiu

#126399 - 12/20/05 09:14 PM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
Your VA can do any type of music you wanted. You can start making great music now if you have the skill. Have you recorded any songs yet using your VA ? Even your WK3700 can do some damage too. Maybe a bit easier to master than the VA.

Those other keyboards mentioned just had more sounds, more editing features, better sequencer and so on. It's like you have not even learned to ride a Toyota and then you wanted a Lamborghini. Your VA (a great arranger/keyboard) has everything it needs to create awesome songs. You probably need to stop searching for better gears and start making music. Or learn to play well and master your keyboard that you have now. Then you will be wiser and can decide the next level of purchase. Also, all the terms and jargons will make sense then.

Maybe get a good tutor to give you playing tips and start playing some songs and learn chord progressions, etc.

#126400 - 12/20/05 10:54 PM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
myersynthuser Offline

Loc: FLorida
Well....
I hate to say this...
If you don't like something, sell it.
If you want something, buy it.
It is senseless to have someone praise for your unwanted stuff.
BTW, this forum is for arranger keyboards. If you want to talk about Motif and all shits, go to harmonycentral.com forum.

#126401 - 12/21/05 02:47 AM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
claudiu Offline

lol lukitoh - i've been playing the piano since i was 6 - i went to the music school for 10 years and after that i continued at home.. i play classical music and everything else. why would i need a tutor to show me chords ? lol...are you kidding me ?

regards,

claudiu

[This message has been edited by claudiu (edited 12-21-2005).]

#126402 - 12/21/05 02:49 AM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
claudiu Offline

myersynthuser chill out

#126403 - 12/21/05 08:46 AM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
Sorry to make such assumptions-pls don't take it too hard. Have you started creating songs, etc with your board yet ? Let us hear some and who knows you might get good honest inputs from the many pros on this board.

#126404 - 12/21/05 10:24 AM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
Dave Wolf Offline

Loc: Granite City,IL USA
The difference between the Motif and the Motif ES is HUGE,the person telling you its last years model is just trying to move it.
There are too many differences to mention here just go to yamaha site and see for yourself--twice the poly count,over 1700 arps-over 700 drum styles and tons of efx more.

#126405 - 12/21/05 10:48 AM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
claudiu Offline

lukitoh - i'm going to post my creations after i know everything about my keyboard and after i CREATE THEM..i'm not taking it too hard but just because i'm young, doesn't mean that i have a low knowledge in music...I only have a low knowledge in keyboards and gear in general...i'm used to Pianos not to electronic things...anyways i hope i'll learn about them.

Merry Christmas

Regards

Claudiu

#126406 - 12/21/05 10:53 AM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
claudiu Offline

A person says this..it's about trance..house " In my opinion it would be very difficult to do this sort of stuff with an arranger. Arrangers are great for other types of music, laying down ideas, getting inspired, etc. but not ideal for trance/electronica production. The dance styles on my PSR-3000 are fun to play around with, but I could never use them to actually produce/finish a trance track....they just don't compare to the sounds in my CS6x. " so an arranger isn't ideal for some trance stuff

Regards,,

claudiu

#126407 - 12/22/05 02:20 AM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
Carrie-uk Offline

Loc: England
Claudiu,

You didn't ask my permission to paste my words from my private e-mail to you on a public forum! I realise you didn't use my name, but I'm the only person on this board (that I know of) who owns/uses a CS6x!

Hope no-one takes offence. I was responding to a personal e-mail from Claudiu and was comparing my CS6x synth and my PSR-3000 in trance/electronica production.

Carrie

[This message has been edited by Carrie-uk (edited 12-22-2005).]

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online