SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#126002 - 01/01/02 04:29 AM Re: If you were to pick 2..., which ones?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
>>choosing between 9000 pro and SD1 it's like choosing between rationality (9000 pro) and passion (SD1)....<<

I see it more as choosing between a Volvo or a Caddilac. The Volvo is the smart, sensible, durable choice, and the Caddy is full of fluff and fashion... only the Caddy has a new engine that hasn't been proven yet, and is harder to park because of the length of the hood. ( )

There are a lot worse things than having to make THAT choice.

[This message has been edited by Uncle Dave (edited 01-01-2002).]

#126003 - 01/01/02 04:43 AM Re: If you were to pick 2..., which ones?
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Well, this "what's the best" discussions is
always something, eh?
I think I'll go for a "Royal Salute 21 years
old" as no.1, and for no2., I really dont know.
Maybe clean Norwegian water in case of being
too thirsty the next day....
Happy new year.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#126004 - 01/01/02 04:43 AM Re: If you were to pick 2..., which ones?
Nimrod Offline

Frank, I know how you feel. I am in the same situation as you...after Two Keyboards. However, I am not going to get TWO Arrangers, but an Arranger, AND a Synth/Workstation/Stage Piano like: Kn6500/Yamaha 9000/PA80(?), And a Synth: Karma, Triton, "Fantom", RD700/XV-88, XP30, XP80, YAMAHA S80, MOTIF, Triton LE.......
Err, that’s right, I am stuck for choice too Frank! A Synth Arranger Combination could be awesome if i get it right, and Uncle Dave has been advising me on these matters on General forum .

Dave, the Roland Fantom really appeals to me for some reason I don't know. Maybe its because its the 76 keys - yep – got to be that I think. I only wish people on other forums didn't keep putting this Fantom "Down", and keep saying "Another Roland Re-hash etc". I don't take all their comments too seriously, but they get me thinking a little. The Fantom is said to be a Roland XV5080 Synth Engine, well, if this is true, then it will be a very good Synth I would say, with the ability to put JV & XV cards in (unlike the RD700).
I would love to hear some positive comments on the Fantom, as I don't believe its as bad as people are saying. Maybe people just wanted more from a new Roland product.

I've narrowed down the arranger to TWO now: 9000 Pro, and Kn6500, So choosing the Synth may be more of a difficult decision. I would like to know, for example, if the Roland Fantom shares the same Piano's as the Stage ones (or there abouts anyway). As for TWO arraners, I'm not sure how I would go on integtrating a Kn6500 with a Yamaha 9000/Solton etc. I think one TOP arranger is enough to be honest, with a added synth (a good one) or something to go along side it. Rumours of a "Triton Studio" coming out at NAMM sounds good mind you

Happy new year folks

NR

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited 01-01-2002).]

#126005 - 01/01/02 07:52 AM Re: If you were to pick 2..., which ones?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The best way ( I think ) to use two arrangers at the same time is to NOT midi them together. Let each one be in control of it's own destiny, and set them up to give you more variation than one can provide.
I only want to have ONE set of controls, rhythm choices, etc.... but I wouldn't mind having two playing surfaces every now and again. Most (99%) of my work only requires one kb, and two would be a deterrent, but there are those rare instances that can really be "punched up" with a dedicated piano or organ. ( my taste )
If I had to narrow it down -
Top two choices for high end arranger would be 9kpro and kn6500.
Top two dedicated synth/piano would be -
RD700 and hmmmm....... can't think of a better 88 key choice at the moment.
(although I LOVE my FP3 for lots of reasons that I've stated before)

#126006 - 01/03/02 10:30 AM Re: If you were to pick 2..., which ones?
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Well I decided to try the SD-1, I'll let you know what I think

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online