SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#124587 - 01/16/02 08:16 AM Hi- ho hi-ho, it's off to NAMM we go !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi-ho, hi-ho - it's off to Namm we go.

Also stopping in to check out the new DCA (Disney California Adventure) theme park and pay respects to Mickey too ! See you when I return (on Sunday). I'll post a report then.

#124588 - 01/16/02 08:24 AM Re: Hi- ho hi-ho, it's off to NAMM we go !
Dnj Offline

scott,

don't forget your Dig Camera

#124589 - 01/16/02 09:16 AM Re: Hi- ho hi-ho, it's off to NAMM we go !
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Donnie, you forget who you're talking to. Scott probably has two BACKUP digital cameras and several memory cards, color-coded and alphabetized.
Go get 'em, Scott!
Don

#124590 - 01/16/02 10:51 AM Re: Hi- ho hi-ho, it's off to NAMM we go !
wizboy Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
just curious, who can go to NAMM ? Is it just reserved for dealers ? Or do we need special invitation ?

Claude

#124591 - 01/16/02 01:14 PM Re: Hi- ho hi-ho, it's off to NAMM we go !
Danny D Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA, USA
Could anyone give me some infor about the NAMM show? when & where is it at? is it in Anaheim, CA again?

Thanks

#124592 - 01/16/02 03:18 PM Re: Hi- ho hi-ho, it's off to NAMM we go !
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Mickey Mouse will be at the Ketron booth .
Signing an endorsement for the Mickey vocal setting on the SD1 . dano

#124593 - 01/16/02 08:33 PM Re: Hi- ho hi-ho, it's off to NAMM we go !
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
The NAMM show is Thursday thru Sunday at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. It is open to music store dealers and their employees. However, many people who know someone in the business get badges from their friends which get them into the show. If you are a dealer and a member of NAMM, the badges are free with your membership. If you are a dealer and not a member of NAMM, the cost is $200.00 per employee attending. To get in without already having a badge, you must proove you work in a music store by showing a payroll stub and a business card. They try to prevent non music store people from getting in. Years ago, this was a very small convention and through the years it has become huge. Many think it is like going to a car show and when they show up at the Convention Center, they find they can't get in.
I have thought for years it would be really nice if they would open up on Monday to the public, but the manufactures do not want to do this.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#124594 - 01/16/02 09:44 PM Re: Hi- ho hi-ho, it's off to NAMM we go !
ComposerRyan Offline

I can't wait to see what they reveal at NAMM! Good luck Scott with your trip to NAMM, enjoy yourself looking at all the cool, new keyboards - I wish I could go! Oh well, please be sure to take some pictures for us, we would really appreciate that and we look forward to hearing more about NAMM on Sunday when you have the time! Also, if I may ask, can you take A LOT of pictures of the General Music GENESYS? That is one of the keyboards that I am really curious of and I am sure other people here would love to see a "sneak peek" at this awesome keyboard.

Well, if anyone else is going to NAMM, please feel free to let us know! I hope that the GEM Genesys is really there, because I have heard rumors stating that the Genesys will not make it to NAMM - that would be a big disappointment.

Anyway, have fun at NAMM Scott, hopefully we all find out about some awesome stuff that will be happening at Winter NAMM! See you all around,
Ryan

PS: I think it would also be very kind for NAMM to open its doors to the public like one of you suggested. That way, more people would be aware of this big event and actually want to be a part of it. With this, there needs to definitely be media coverage on the T.V.

ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBQUAD NETWORK AT:
http://www.webquad.com

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

#124595 - 01/16/02 10:40 PM Re: Hi- ho hi-ho, it's off to NAMM we go !
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Ryan,
Are you sure you're not a secret employee from GEM to boost interest in the Genesys??
I've never seen anyone get so excited over the "maybe" intro of a new kb. Especially someone who doesn't even OWN a kb?
What do you do your compsing on, if I may ask? You DO compose, right? (I'm guessing from your name)

#124596 - 01/17/02 04:20 PM Re: Hi- ho hi-ho, it's off to NAMM we go !
ComposerRyan Offline

Yes, Uncle Dave, I am pretty sure that I am not a secret employee from General Music...even though I wish I were! Now that you made me think about it, I would love to see inside of the company that makes the keyboard.

Well, the reason why I am so excited is because...I love music! And, on top of that, I realize that I have a gift and that, if I had the right musical tools, I could share it with others, spreading a good message. I do own a keyboard, its a VERY old keyboard called the Yamaha PSR3, not the PSR300. But, yes, you guessed it, a Yamaha PSR3. It's so old, I can barely express my talent with it since it has HORRIBLE polyphony and it does not include even half of the features of a keyboard like you see today. And, guess what, I realize how fortunate I am to even own a keyboard, because I know many do not have that opportunity. But, still I enjoy dreaming about keyboards, like the upcoming GENESYS.

And, of course I compose music. I do it with all my heart and with a peice of paper and a pencil. From there, I use a free program, on my computer, called Anvil Studio to see if it is how I want it. But still, it is not even compared to the sound quality of a keyboard and I do not have the freedom I would have if using a keyboard's sequencer. I wish I had a keyboard, like many of you do, that I could record my music to an onboard sequencer. But I've learned a lot by doing it myself - I realized that I had a gift and that, if I trust and am patient, I would be rewarded for my patience with a new keyboard. But, that time will come, for now I will stick to composing my music.

And, yes, to me it is normal to get excited about NAMM. Since it is all about music and is the first place that will reveal the newest products, I find it VERY interesting and it gives me some insight of what new things are becoming available to musicians. So, that is why I really enjoy NAMM - because it is a musician's dream.
Ryan

[This message has been edited by ComposerRyan (edited 01-17-2002).]

ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBQUAD NETWORK AT:
http://www.webquad.com

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

#124597 - 01/17/02 11:05 PM Re: Hi- ho hi-ho, it's off to NAMM we go !
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Ryan,
Keep all that wonderful energy bottled up. It's great to hear your enthusiasm. Wish I could help you get a "composer's dream" keyboard, but I'm still searching for a "player's dream" machine!
Don't take my "disposable tool" commant too literally .... it doesn't mean that i trash anything - I just sell them as soon as I know it won't be with me for the long haul.
My job is rewarding, but demanding.... and if the tools aren't ready for the job - I'll keep trying new ones till I find the right one. Good luck to ya kiddo - you have a lot of positive energy - keep it up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online