SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#124020 - 04/16/02 07:50 PM A NEW X1 PROBLEM! :(
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
Has anyone seen this:

I am in program mode on my X1, and playing along with a pattern, and I turn off PROGRAM to go to the sound banks, and the sounds there (ALL OF THEM, even after stopping the arranger) sound like they have alot of effect and alot of sustain. So the sharpness goes away and its like your listening to a piano (for example) that is 3 miles away, and has a sustain going for ever.

This happened twice in two days in a row!
The first time I shut the keyboard down and turned it back on. The second time, I simple pushed EDIT SOUND (I wanted to see if the soundwave changed somehow), but nothing changed and when I went out of EDIT mode, the sounds came back to normal!

Any ideas?

#124021 - 04/17/02 07:05 AM Re: A NEW X1 PROBLEM! :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

That situation is new to me, but I had a (somewhat related?) problem with the "harmony" feature. In harmony mode, after I stop a certain style, the RH sound persists, even if I don't touch the keys or the sustain pedal. I never found a way of getting everything back to normal without shuting down the keyboard.

Another problem I faced, is that sometimes, without any apparent reason, the vocalizer 'goes crazy', meaning it doesn't obey to the chords and melody I play. Here, I found a way to get back to a 'normal' vocal harmony. I quickly switch to pianist mode, and switch back to split mode. It works, but I would surely be happy to understand what and why is happening...

-- José.

#124022 - 04/17/02 07:31 AM Re: A NEW X1 PROBLEM! :(
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Samer,
You should try to do a reset and see if this solves your problem. Do you know how to do this? Go to the save/enter function, go to power on setup and then hit default. This will reset all the settings back to their factory default. I don't know if this will solve your problem but it is where I would start. I have found this to work when things aren't working the way they should.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#124023 - 04/18/02 03:31 AM Re: A NEW X1 PROBLEM! :(
Mosiqaar Offline

Jose, absolutely agree with you on knowing why and when these things happen !

George, Yeah I guess I could try that but the incident is random and not continuous. But I will probably follow ur advise anyway, thanks.

#124024 - 04/18/02 03:44 AM Re: A NEW X1 PROBLEM! :(
Mosiqaar Offline

By the way guys, last week at my gig I had the most embaressing moment!

I was performing and in the middle of my song, my RHS (as in Jose's case) got stuck on one sound , one note and would not stop. Nothing made it stop except turning off the keyboard. Everyone was looking, I felt soooooooo bad . It happened like when I switch from a pattern that uses sounds stored in RAM to a pattern that uses the sounds in my Flash Card. I switch the pattern (by selecting the new numbers) then push DRUM SET and as soon as the new pattern goes in (or right around that time) I switch from RAM to CARD on the drum set, and thats when the X1 went "bazuuuq"!
Is it due to a not fast enough CPU or what is the reason exactly? Again, I have done this before and it worked fine, but now I dare not try it again in live.
Any ideas?

#124025 - 04/18/02 04:45 AM Re: A NEW X1 PROBLEM! :(
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I've no experience of your keyboard, but this sounds very similar to the note-holding problems that you get on external modules if you change midi channels / voices / setups on your master keyboard with either sustain held down or your fingers still holding down some keys; the external module never receives a sustain/note off message.

Best of luck tracking this one down!

#124026 - 04/18/02 07:24 PM Re: A NEW X1 PROBLEM! :(
Mosiqaar Offline

my keyboards has an auto load of 16MB of RAM sounds. That takes about 4 minutes. I never realized how LONGGGGG 4 minutes can be until that night!!!!!

#124027 - 05/02/02 05:16 PM Re: A NEW X1 PROBLEM! :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MacAllcock:
I've no experience of your keyboard, but this sounds very similar to the note-holding problems that you get on external modules if you change midi channels / voices / setups on your master keyboard with either sustain held down or your fingers still holding down some keys; the external module never receives a sustain/note off message.

I think John might be pointing in the right direction. Some notes hold, while I make changes in the arranger module (e.g. when a 2nd voice is introduced in the RH) with the sustain pedal ON. They persist after the sustain is OFF and my fingers are still holding some keys. There's no way to stop the RH notes except activating the sustain with the pedal and turning OFF the 2nd voice.

-- José.

[This message has been edited by matias (edited 05-02-2002).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online