SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#123638 - 01/23/02 01:45 PM OS3 for PA80--any change to fills???
Bill E Offline

Loc: nashville
the korg pa80 website mentions "fill to variation 1,2,3,4" as one of the new features. Does anyone know if the fills are actually improved?

#123639 - 01/23/02 06:59 PM Re: OS3 for PA80--any change to fills???
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Nope !!!!, but the routing has.
However there are so many improvements in the 3.0 operating system that the PA easily ranks among the best arranger keyboards on the marktet at present.And there is more to come !!!!

john.

#123640 - 01/24/02 10:19 AM Re: OS3 for PA80--any change to fills???
Bill E Offline

Loc: nashville
John--I hear such good work done on pa80,including your demos,that I really would like it to work for me.
Did you become used to the Very touchy fills timing? I never knew if I was going to get a short fill or a full measure. Also the break button seemed useless,but I was trying to use it like the Yamaha. I do realize that the problem might be me!
Maybe the answer is lots of practice.

#123641 - 01/25/02 04:01 PM Re: OS3 for PA80--any change to fills???
shiral Offline

Loc: IL, USA
Bill,

You are not alone. I haven't used the break button even once in a song. I can not even think of a break that only a kick drum and the crash cymble are played and it sounds the same for all the styles. It sounds really odd to me, but I did not write to the forum as I thought I was complaining too much about the PA80.

As for the number of measure you are going to get in a fill, there is a way around. The display tells you how may measures remain in the fill. If you want to get back to the variation in the next measure, skipping the rest of the fill, you can press the variation button a little before the start of the next measure. If I remember correctly that works.

Shiral

[This message has been edited by shiral (edited 01-25-2002).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online