SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#122584 - 11/04/02 11:57 PM SD1 and computer
maxicat Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi
I was wondering if anyone new a way of dumping all the backing styles from the sd1 onto computer so that i could then assemble the styles to make a complete backing track. I know that you can record real time into the ketron sequencer but as i am not the best keyboard player in the world, a cut and paste system would work best for me. Just to assemble the drums and bass would be enough so that i can use them for the basis of my multitrack recording. Anyone any ideas or am i asking the impossible?
Best Regards
Vikki(u.k)

#122585 - 11/05/02 01:53 AM Re: SD1 and computer
Roel Offline

Vikki,

All you need is a 'To Host' cable. (about 10 Euros, universal cable) Connect it to the SD1's port (mini-DIN) and a serial 9-pin-D port on your PC.

Download the file-transfer software from the Ketron site (FT) and install it on your PC.
Configure the correct COM-port and off you go !

Roel

[This message has been edited by Roel (edited 11-05-2002).]

#122586 - 11/05/02 12:14 PM Re: SD1 and computer
maxicat Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Thanks Roel, I'll give it a try!

Best regards

Vikki (UK)

#122587 - 11/06/02 06:56 AM Re: SD1 and computer
Roel Offline

Vikki,

After rereading your first post I realize I did not understand your question. The cable I was writing about is for FILE transfer (FT) to be able to access the SD1 HDD.

With MIDI-cables however, it is very easy to record styles on a PC midi-sequencer (Cubase, Cakewalk etc.)
After recording in the sequencer you can 'remix' or 'dissolve' the midi-track containing ALL midi-chan. and new separate tracks are generated automatically.

Roel

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online