SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#121703 - 10/08/07 03:43 PM Re: And now for a Song Medley ! . . . .
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Well, hells bells, Don...I just want to hear how Scotty combines wildy different tunes...

So, apparently the sharing and discussion of what may be a really neat musical thing now becomes secondary to something else?

Urgh...

The jerks on this forum will always be around...we really don't have to play into their hands do we? It took less than a couple days for the same reason I moved away to come up again...

Frustrating...

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 10-08-2007).]

#121704 - 10/08/07 03:45 PM Re: And now for a Song Medley ! . . . .
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I'd sure like to hear that PA-800 being put through it's paces.

Ian

http://www.korg.com/gear/info.asp?A_PROD_NO=PA800&category_id=1

#121705 - 10/08/07 03:50 PM Re: And now for a Song Medley ! . . . .
Bill in Dayton Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ChicoBrasil:
To make a medley I think that the first step is the choice of songs with the same (+ -)tempo.

Chico

Exactly...I've done many medleys but all with (usually) the same style throughout. Some styles ARE very similar in meter and feel so yes, you can switch those...but to go from a swing tune into a slow bluesy ballad and not make people fall down if they dancing isn't something I've been able to have much luck with. I think it sounds awkward and don't pursue it...

#121706 - 10/08/07 03:52 PM Re: And now for a Song Medley ! . . . .
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
Donny, it doesn't have to be that way.

Oh course not but somehow it always does.
I just got out of the hospital...so I dont need bickering in my life this week....
all you lolly gagging hootsie tootsie part time lurking weekend worriors who think we are in a perfect world and have returned Im happy for ya ...but dont think for one minute anyone here has forgotten the past.

#121707 - 10/08/07 03:54 PM Re: And now for a Song Medley ! . . . .
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Not the same, Donny.

There's no medleys...and no Donny playing.

Sorry, my friend...I had no idea it was such a sensitive issue with you.

Ian

#121708 - 10/08/07 03:59 PM Re: And now for a Song Medley ! . . . .
Dnj Offline

ian demoing anything here with its past track record is the critical fuse igniter to musical armageddon....sure Id love to share my music here ....but that a thing of the past...Ive learned my lesson.....its a shame it has to be that way but it is what it is. Theres an underlying egotistical nastiness that lingers deep within.....dont be fooled.

#121709 - 10/08/07 04:04 PM Re: And now for a Song Medley ! . . . .
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I just got out of the hospital...so I dont need bickering in my life this week....
all you lolly gagging hootsie tootsie part time lurking weekend worriors who think we are in a perfect world and have returned Im happy for ya ...but dont think for one minute anyone here has forgotten the past.

Well Donny, I guess your point is made.

Now, can we please get back on topic...I'd be very interested in hearing what themes people use for medleys.

I might give some a try on my next gig.

Ian

#121710 - 10/08/07 04:06 PM Re: And now for a Song Medley ! . . . .
Bill in Dayton Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

You know Don, I respect the hell out of your work...the handful of stuff I've heard is all strong stuff. But the above message sounds like a shot or something. I don't entirely understand it, either.

Sorry to hear you were in the hospital, hopefully everything is good on your end...

#121711 - 10/08/07 04:11 PM Re: And now for a Song Medley ! . . . .
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
With the PA 800, I set up my registrations for each song, insert them into a custom list in the order I want to play them, and punch 'next' to get from one song to another while noodling on some variation of a minor ii and dom. 7th. Pretty much the same with the Genesys XP - from a 'memories' list, punch a song number 1 thru 8. With both instruments, I most times add a fill with the foot pedal during the transition. I also use this method when changing tempos for the same tune - eg., some of the Prima tunes go from 6/8 to a fast jive/boogie/shuffle or whatever.
Ciao,
Jerry

#121712 - 10/08/07 04:19 PM Re: And now for a Song Medley ! . . . .
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
You know Don, I respect the hell out of your work...the handful of stuff I've heard is all strong stuff. But the above message sounds like a shot or something. I don't entirely understand it, either.

Sorry to hear you were in the hospital, hopefully everything is good on your end...

OK Im truly sorry.....these Percosets & Valium really got me not myself....without going into details........
lets play nice respect each other....
enjoy our love for music & performing no matter how we do it an with what ever gear it takes to be successful.....

Scott....sorry for the hijack.
lets move on.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online