SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#121674 - 01/24/04 09:43 AM A few questions
seanbaker Offline

I have a few misc. questions.

1. Why do you suppose arrangers only let you edit Attack, Decay, and Release, but not Sustain?

2. If you put a PA1XPRO next to a Triton, or a Tyros next to a MOTIF, ignoring the differences like arranger functions vs. specialty MOTIF/TRITON synth sounds, are the quality of the sounds the same? Or are arranger sounds lower quality than workstation sounds?

FOR PA1Xpro owners: I'm interested in the PA1Xpro, but none of my local stores carry one so I can't find out for myself. These are questions I couldn't answer from the reading the manual.

Would someone be willing to send me a short MP3 of a few specific sounds?

1. Vibraphone 1 & 2 and Vibrap. Wide. I'm interested in whether or not the tremolo can be controlled and what the range from F below middle C to two octaves up sounds like. (I'd also like to hear the vibes on the Tyros if anyone could help out)

2. Because of the recent discussion, George's comments, and the PA1Xpro online demos, I'd like to hear the other pianos on the board. Perhaps the good one that George is talking about was not the one used in the demos. I'd like to hear the dark piano and maybe another good one from top to bottom. Do they have key off samples and string resonance?

3. Does the PA1Xpro style creator allow you to mix styles? Can I copy a bass part from one style, a drum part from another, and make my own other parts?

I really appreciate any input on these questions. I only wish my local Guitar Center or Sam Ash had one of these in stock.

#121675 - 01/24/04 09:58 AM Re: A few questions
Dnj Offline

Daddy JJ....has been posting demos of the PAX1pro since he got it a few weeks ago....maybe he would oblige your requests.
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/008142.html

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-24-2004).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online