SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#120336 - 10/22/02 08:21 AM Re: Who here loves movie music? If so, what is your favorite film score?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I can't resist!
"Honeysuckle Rose"
"Urban Cowboy"
"Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?"

DonM

#120337 - 10/22/02 11:30 AM Re: Who here loves movie music? If so, what is your favorite film score?
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
'GREASE' ???

'GREASE 2' ???

(Norty Tony)

#120338 - 10/22/02 04:43 PM Re: Who here loves movie music? If so, what is your favorite film score?
ComposerRyan Offline

Thanks everybody for the replies!

There are so many movies out there and so many good sound tracks to listen to. Everyone here likes different types of movie music and it is interesting to see what film scores you all liked - so thanks for sharing that with me! After looking at the list of movie music you all like, I am definitely going to listen and look into the ones that I am not familiar with.

I also noticed that one of you mentioned the "Fifth Element" as one of your favorites. I totally forgot to mention that one in my previous post, but I love the music that was in the Fifth Element - it was so unique. Plus, they really did a good job at combining the directing with the music in Fifth Element, it all came together perfectly and the music kept the movie going.

Quote:
I highly recommend an album released by Michael W Smith. He's a Christian artist who released an instrumental album called "Freedom". This album was his own movie score version of music he wanted to record.

Thanks B2 for that information, I will definitely look into that album that you suggested. Michael W. Smith is, of course, a talented musician, so I am looking forward to seeing what his album is like.

Thanks for sharing your favorite film scores with me! See you around everybody and looking forward to talking with you more,
Ryan

[This message has been edited by ComposerRyan (edited 10-22-2002).]

[This message has been edited by ComposerRyan (edited 10-22-2002).]

ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBQUAD NETWORK AT:
http://www.webquad.com

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

#120339 - 10/22/02 05:08 PM Re: Who here loves movie music? If so, what is your favorite film score?
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Hi Ryan,
Having produced and directed the very early music videos for Warner Bros. in my other life, almost everything I do musically is influenced by film. I think “Lawrence of Arabia” (Score by Maurice Jarre) is the film that got me hooked.
Frank

#120340 - 10/22/02 11:24 PM Re: Who here loves movie music? If so, what is your favorite film score?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tony W:
'GREASE 2' ???
QUOTE]

Wow - that's one of the WORST movies I LOVE !
That scene on the ladder .... "I wanna coo-ooo-ooo-oool rider " Michele looked great in that flick. Was there music too?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online