SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#120115 - 02/21/01 03:10 PM Converting Roland Pedals To........
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
Has anyone re-wired a Roland midi volume or damper pedal to work on a Solton? I have both and it would be a waste to purchase new pedals if I could simply reverse the polarity of the Roland pedals. Is there any secret here I don't know about? Or is it just a matter of polarity.
Thanks
John C.

#120116 - 02/21/01 05:26 PM Re: Converting Roland Pedals To........
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I'm going to rewire the volume pedal that I already had from my Yamaha PS6100. It works backward on the Solton X1. Usually there are two or three wires going to the potentiometer. I will have to reverse the wires. If there are just two wires you have to switch them. Please notice that two posts on the potentiometer are usually connected together when two wires are used. If there are three leave the one in the middle and switch the two ends.

On the damper pedal they are usually a momentary on or a momentary off type of switch. These can't just be rewired. They are built to work in a specific way and can't be rewired. I hope this helps.

Tom

Tom

#120117 - 02/21/01 06:37 PM Re: Converting Roland Pedals To........
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
Thanks Tom. The Roland has 3 wires as I remember, I am going to follow your instructions and I'll let you know.The Korg volume pedal I have works with the Solton but the Roland is all metal and better quality. When I had the I30, Korg gave you the option to reverse polarity for the damper pedal, Solton does not have this feature. I'm waiting for my SD1, when it arrives I'll do the rewire.
Thanks
John C.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online