SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#117282 - 09/21/00 12:49 PM KN6000 vs KN5000 opinions please?
Dnj Offline

I am a pro solo musician using the k5 nightly for the last 2 years without any problems. To me and I have used many other top keyboards in the past IMO the Technics k5 is tops for the giging performer. But now the k6 is introduced and I have also played it a few times and was wondering if anyone out there has some real performance experience with the new K6 on stage that can offer their opinion on the pros and cons of the two units. I'm thinking of an upgrade.

thanx

Don

#117283 - 09/21/00 09:15 PM Re: KN6000 vs KN5000 opinions please?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Wait a minute--you have to be Donny, because you are only a Junior Member!
Since your email yesterday, I've been researching the KN6000 a little bit. Since I sold you the 5K, I feel responsible
The die-hard Technics guys seem to think the styles are improved and expanded (8 parts now, like the big boys). Sounds may be a little better, but not much difference. The drawbacks still seem to be worthless mic processing and ultra expensive hard drive. Also not a lot of polyphony. All this is second-hand info, but I've always like the ease of operation, particularly in creating styles, either from scratch or from the built-in sequence-to-style program, or from the Style Convert disk.
I think the type of music you do (a lot of Big Band, Swing, Standards, Dance stuff) is the KN's strong suit.
I'll bet you'll get some input here, but if you don't there are several dedicated Technics sites. I'll send you the addresses by email.
Don (Senior Member)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online