SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#117248 - 07/06/01 06:21 PM Re: Fender - Crate?
RJMiller Offline

Loc: Minnesota, USA
URL clarification. My highschool English teacher would be proud of me for putting periods at the end of my sentences, but it isn't part of the Brown Music URL.

The URL is www.newulmtel.net/~musicbrn

Polytone is made in California -perhaps, George Kaye is a dealer also.

#117249 - 07/09/01 09:01 AM Re: Fender - Crate?
arnothijssen Offline

Loc: Marietta, GA USA
I recently bought a Roland KC500 for my G1000, sounds pretty good as far as I am concerned. Good bass, good mid, high is ok, powerfull amp. I look at a fender as well, but i did not like the constant buzz.

#117250 - 07/09/01 09:10 AM Re: Fender - Crate?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The KC500 is VERY heavy and bulky, and there are no idividual tone controls on each channel. And doesn't it have global reverb too? Not a good solution for Boo.

#117251 - 07/09/01 05:46 PM Re: Fender - Crate?
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
A TECH with one of the keyboard manufactures said I could plug the mic into a nonoverb first and then plug the nanoverb into one of the channels and this would solve my seperate reverb control for the mic.

Is this right or is he in error?
Boo

#117252 - 07/09/01 10:36 PM Re: Fender - Crate?
Uncle Dave Offline

Sure, but it doesn't take a "tech" to know that ans effect can be plugged "in line" in ANY signal. Guitar players have been doing this since Jimmy Hendrix was on stage! Using an outboard reverb is, certainly an option, but that means another wall wart, and two more cables, some kind of mount for the unit....etc. The Nanoverb is so tiny, you could probably mount it INSIDE the cabinet of almost any keybaod amp, or use velcro on the top or side. Lots of options if yoyu want an ADD on. I still think that the Samson EX30 is a great buy for the money. It's a one piece unit with 200 watts (biamped), digital effects, Hi & Lo z inputs, separate tone controls, built in wheels & handle - the list goes on. It sounds great and has a stereo mixer built right in.

#117253 - 07/10/01 05:15 AM Re: Fender - Crate?
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Dave,

I remembered your postings about the EX30. Zzounds just sent me the manual a couple of days ago. I may wait and go for it. It is the best so far. But it's a bit more than I want to spend at the present.
Boo

[This message has been edited by brickboo (edited 07-10-2001).]

#117254 - 07/10/01 10:23 AM Re: Fender - Crate?
Uncle Dave Offline

Boo,
As I see it, the options are:
(in no particular order)
1)Samson EX30 - about $600
2)Carvin Gc100(model#?) - about $400
3)Peavey KBa30 - about $300 (no rev)
...buy the time you getto the 6th on the list, maybe they'll be free!
These are only three choices, but they are small, sound good, and have individual tone controls on each channel. The Kba is the only one without reverb in this pack.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online