SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#117238 - 07/03/01 07:18 PM Fender - Crate?
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Doesn't anyone use a Fender or a Crate Amp and have anything to say. Is there anything anyone recommends to stay away from?
Boo

#117239 - 07/03/01 08:13 PM Re: Fender - Crate?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hello Brickboo,
I would look at the Roland KC100 keyboard amp . Roland also makes KC300 and 500 . KC100 is now around $269.99 . Great sound and not much weight . Dan o

#117240 - 07/04/01 06:24 AM Re: Fender - Crate?
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Dan,

I need reverb and would like to not have to carry external reverb unit.

I am able to find just one guy that uses a Crate keyboard, a small KX 50 and really likes it. He uses it for small short gigs.
2 channels with reverb.
Thanks
Boo

#117241 - 07/04/01 09:12 AM Re: Fender - Crate?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Boo, If you can find an older used Roland Cube 60 keyboard amp it will be perfect for you. It has a 12' speaker and horn, 2 inputs with separate volume control and reverb switch.A master 3 band EQ and 60 watts of power. Weighs 38lbs. They are work horses and reliable.You can find them on EBAY from $150-$250. The old retail price was $495. I use one for my smaller jobs and a pair of the Roland 100's for the large jobs. I never needed anymore than this..Fran

#117242 - 07/04/01 08:11 PM Re: Fender - Crate?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Boo,
I understand the reverb issue . However the sound quality with the KC100 is much better.
A small Alesis nanoverb can be found for under $60.00 . Just velcro the small box to the KC100. Just a thought ..... Dan o

#117243 - 07/05/01 06:17 AM Re: Fender - Crate?
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Boo,

I used a very small Polytone minibrute amp. I used it until it was stolen. Great little amp, has reverb and is light weight. You might check E-bay because I don't know if they are still made.

Tom

Tom

#117244 - 07/05/01 07:11 AM Re: Fender - Crate?
Stevizard Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Hi Boo,

As for Fender amps . . . I've used Fender and Crate for years. Fender amps are the only amps that actually appreciate in value. I used a Fender Twin Reverb for years - it had a "special" sound that others tried to imitate but couldn't. Twin Reverb amps from the 60's cost more now than they did then. Try a Fender for a clean, crisp, unique sound. Fender amps demand a fairly high price. I doubt you'll find one at a bargain price.

My son just bought a Fender Stage 100 Amp and it produces crisp, clear sound at extremely HIGH VOLUMES. I also have a Crate Twin Reverb clone - it's a great amp but not quite as nice as the Twin Reverb. My 9000PRO sounds great through either.

I think you know that I'm using two Samson EX20 Expedition powered speakers with my keyboard for stereo sound. They cost me $660 for both and I'm very satisfied with them.

I don't know that we can ever find the "best" simply because what I think is "best" others won't. You've got to get out there and try some gear out, then buy what sounds good to you.

Best regards,
Steve

#117245 - 07/05/01 08:49 AM Re: Fender - Crate?
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Steve,

I came through Canton on Monday. We stoped at the Applebee's for dinner. I stopped at the Baldwin dealer to ask for directions. I think it was Pietrogelies or something like that. While I was at Applebee's I did check the phonebook for the last name Wizard. There was only an A. Wizard listed. To be truthful I guess I don't know what your last name is. I did try though.

Tom

Tom

#117246 - 07/05/01 09:44 AM Re: Fender - Crate?
Stevizard Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Tom,

You stopped at Pelligreno's Music. They sell pianos and band instruments (no arrangers). You should have emailed me. I'd have loved to meet you and your wife . . . could even have met you at Applebees (not far from my house). Maybe next time.

No, my last name isn't Wizard (it might be kinda nice though). I'd put my last name on the forum but I'm a little paranoid about doing that. The next thing I know, some estranged keyboard player that got pissed at something I've said may come looking for me. I'm only 6'1" and 230 lbs -- a growing boy.

Best regards,
Steve

#117247 - 07/06/01 10:40 AM Re: Fender - Crate?
RJMiller Offline

Loc: Minnesota, USA
The Polytone Minibrute is still made.
Check out www.newulmtel.net/~musicbrn.
Brown Music is a dealer for Polytone and shows their complete line on their web site. I don't believe that Polytone has a
web site.

I have bought most of my equipment from Bill Brown. I find he is easy to work with. Brown Music phone number is 1-507-354-3615. Located in New Ulm Minnesota.

You may find a used one on their web site.

Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online