SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#116023 - 04/22/02 09:40 PM Do you like Country music?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
This song is based on a User Program I have casually found on my zip disk; the Program shows what Variphrase can do when used in a clever way. As soon as I started playing a big smile appeared on my face: it was so cool that I decided immediately to record something to share with you. The problem is that it was a country program and, since I am not a country music expert (actually this is my first attempt with that genre of music) I played the first thing that came to my mind. I am not even sure about the title (I think it's "Red River Valley" but wouldn't bet on it; however that's the title I gave to the song). I was so full of enthusiasm that I recorded the whole song in less than half an hour.
I hope you like it; I would like to dedicate this song to all lovers of country music and especially to Don Mason, because he is the Country expert of this Forum, and Nobby, because I know that he really loves Country and because we all love him.
Andrea
http://andrearotolo.tripod.com/dreamer/id1.html

#116024 - 04/22/02 10:12 PM Re: Do you like Country music?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Wow, what an honor! And it is quite ironic because I live about one mile from the Red River, just north of Shreveport.
Your rendition of the song reminds me of the version done by Bee Bumble & The Stingers, called "Red River Rock". The lead was done on a sax and twangy quitar. I can recall doing it when I was in college in the late 60's. I posted a midi version on the Yamaha Song group sometime last year!
I like your arrangement and the vocal parts were great. I can't help but think what a great version of "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" you could do on that thing. The "A-wee-ma-ways" would sound wonderful.
DonM

#116025 - 04/23/02 03:15 AM Re: Do you like Country music?
Sander Offline

Loc: Hoogeveen, Drenthe, The Nether...
Andrea,

When the song started I immediately recognised the style, but that's because we both own a VA-7. I used that style in combination with a Dance style to play 'Take Me Home Country Roads' because that was a hitsong again here a few months ago.

It's well played and an excellent application of Variphrase. So yes, I do like country. Can you make some more?

Kind regards,
Sander

#116026 - 04/23/02 02:49 PM Re: Do you like Country music?
Dreamer Offline

Don,
you really gave me an idea with your hint to "The lion sleeps tonight"; I have been thinking to that song all day long...
Sander, yes, I think that I could record another country song, but in a slower tempo: I am thinking of something done in a country ballad style, if I can find the right style; there is a country ballad style from the G800 on my zip disk, but I don't like it much. We will see...
Best regards to all,
Andrea

#116027 - 04/23/02 03:31 PM Re: Do you like Country music?
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Hi Andrea,
I just tried to download your song. Everything must be to busy it said it was temporarily Unavailable!
I had it downloaded this morning on my PC HD
I tried to put the zip file on a floppy.
It wouldn't all go on the floppy.
The unziped file would be larger!
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I've never been able to download your files and get them on a floppy! I have never yet hooked my KB to my PC or I probably could play the song directly from the HD on my PC.
I would love to listen to your music my friend!
I'll try again later,
Nobby

------------------

[This message has been edited by Nobby (edited 04-23-2002).]

#116028 - 04/23/02 10:03 PM Re: Do you like Country music?
Dreamer Offline

Hi Nobby,
I don't think you will be able to put one of my MP3 files on a floppy disk because they are all larger than the typical 1.44 Mb a floppy disk can store; maybe I could record a song which is less than 1.44 Mb, but it would last only a minute or so... and I am afraid that you cannot hear an MP3 file on your keyboard because it does not trasmit data of any kind, like a midi file does, so you can just store it on your hard disk and play it through your computer speaker system.
Hope you are not disappointed...
How's going on in Missouri?

#116029 - 04/24/02 07:42 AM Re: Do you like Country music?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Speaking of C&W music - check THIS out. I got a call to back up a good friend in a few parades this summer, as a trio - gtr,bass(me)& drums. We'll be on a trailer with a generator playing live as the "cowboy" rides a horse ahaed of us and sings to the crowd with a wireless hedset ! He's a real charmer, and he'll be weaving back and forth across the street shmooozing all the kids (AND the ladies !) Sounds like fun.... and he's a champian yodeler too. This is a unique oportunity, and a chance to play "LIVE BASS" Yippppppie ! Yee Haaaaaaa !
(I'm psyched !)

#116030 - 04/24/02 12:31 PM Re: Do you like Country music?
Dreamer Offline

You mean you will be doing all this, horses and everything...in Philadelphia???

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online