SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#114771 - 06/20/06 02:49 PM Annoying echo
Caragabal Offline

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia
I have a PSR3000 and I am getting an echo from the microphone.
I have tried every thing I know but have not got rid of it.
I have restored factory settings and it is still there.
The mike settings are as Gary suggests,
Has anyone any ideas.
I have to stop recording till I can fix it.

Cousin Ken

#114772 - 06/20/06 06:39 PM Re: Annoying echo
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Cousin Ken...
It could be one of several things.
First check mic settings:
Press Mic Setting/Vocal Harmony button.
Is Mic Effect on or off? If on, turn it off and see if that stops the echo you speak of.
Just remember, if you are using registrations the mic setting will save in the registration if the Mic Setting box is checked when you save it to Memory.

In reality, mic settings are very beneficial. Yours may be set to "Delay" and set too high.
I would check mic setting in the mixing control

Press Mixing Control button
Tab to effects
In the Block window, scroll to DSP4
In the Part Window, scroll all the way down to Mic
Now, look at the Category Window...it could be your mic is set to "Delay". Reset it to reverb. Then, select Hall 1 in the Type Window.

Now you should not get any echo.

If all the above proves true, then you should get familiar with all the different mic settings available in the KB and utilize the ones you like.

And, don't forget, by hitting the mic setting /vocal harmonizer button you can turn these effects on and off.

I have assigned mic settings to a footpedal for many of my registrations..and it works like a charm.

I hope this is helpful.

Eddie

#114773 - 06/20/06 11:15 PM Re: Annoying echo
Caragabal Offline

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia
Thank you Eddie for your reply.
I think I have solved the problem.
It appears that the echo settin saved in the registration is reverting to factory settin when I turn off my keyboard.

Cousin Ken

#114774 - 06/21/06 04:50 AM Re: Annoying echo
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ken,

A common mistake made when making registrations is to include the mic settings, which are often initially overlooked when firing up the keyboard. Therefore, I created a registration called SETUP, which only sets the mic and pedals where I want them. In all subsequent registrations, I turn off the mic and pedal settings so they are not effected. Then, when the keyboard is first turned on, select the setup registration, press the button and you're ready to go to work. If you do not do this, the keyboard reverts to factory settings upon startup.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online