SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#113680 - 01/19/05 07:54 AM Two new PSR software programs. And 14 old ones.
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Loc: Denmark
Two new software programs. And 14 old ones.

NEW Software: OTS Editor.

OTS Editor is a software for editing all parameters in OTS sections in Yamaha keyboard style files.
The program can export and import OTS sections to/from files meaning that entire OTS sections can be saved to HD and be reused in a number of styles.
Furthermore entire OTS sections can be imported directly from other style files.
For details go to http://home7.inet.tele.dk/js/otseditor/index.htm
Thanks to all beta testers, especially Tom G.

NEW Software: Style Split and Splice.

This progam can split Style Files in two files: A MIDI file and a file holding the non-MIDI data; and splice these to files again.
Most sequencer software can not handle the non-MIDI data. Therefore editing of style files can not be done in these softwares. But if the style file is splitted, the MIDI file can be edited in any MIDI sequencer software.
After editing the original non-MIDI file must be spliced to the edited MIDI file.
For details go to http://home7.inet.tele.dk/js/sands/index.htm

"OLD" Software:
( For details go to: http://home7.inet.tele.dk/js/software/index.htm )

- CASM Editor: Add, edit or delete data in the CASM section in style files. Necessary to create styles with chord dependent accompaniment.

- MDB Editor: Add, edit or delete records in the MDB (Music Finder Database) section in style files.

- Style Old Format Converter: Delete OTS, convert Mega Voices, use .sty extension, use old CASM and change resolution to make new styles compatible with old/smaller keyboards.

- Style ReMixer: Change the number of style parts and/or move style parts to other parts. Primarely used to reduce the style file size for use of the styles in older keyboards with limited memory.

- Style Fixer: Repair style files having incorrect MIDI data, missing markers, and a number of other common errors.

- Style Duplicates Manager: Manage your style file collections. Find, move and remove duplicates.

- midi2style: Convert MIDI files to YAMAHA PSR style files.

- Revoice MIDI: Revoice, change parameters, transpose channels or entire file, change tempo in MIDI files. Player included.

- Revoice Style: Change voices and parameters, transpose etc. in style files

- Rename Style Files: Rename all style files in a folder to sty extension.

- MIDI Format: Convert MIDI files to Format 0.

- No Mega In MIDI: Convert Mega voices in MIDI files.

- Lyrics Finder: Find and extract lyrics in folders with MIDI, Karaoke and XF files. The lyrics can be printed or saved to file.

- XG Voice: Get the XG Voices in YAMAHA PSR keyboards.

Best wishes
Jørgen

#113681 - 01/19/05 09:05 PM Re: Two new PSR software programs. And 14 old ones.
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
've got to say, if you own a newer model Yamaha that uses the current OTS system, Jorgen's OTS Editor is a must have program. There isn't anything else that comes close to the breadth and scope of editing possibilities that this program has. On my Tyros, I can put the keyboard in USB HDD mode and edit the OTS of any styles in the keyboard hard disk, right from my PC. I particularly like it for the fabulous styles that Eileen arranged (the Korg conversions). Her OTS choices are so good. But for me, they are all too loud. Using OTS Editor, I can easily lower the OTS volumes by about 10-15%. It takes only seconds! On the other hand, if you like your OTS louder, that's easy, too. Take a look at this program. I am sure you will like it.

Thanks for all that you have put into this, Jorgen!

Tom G.

I know this post is a repeat on my part. But I gotta tell you - this software is worth checking out!

#113682 - 01/19/05 09:18 PM Re: Two new PSR software programs. And 14 old ones.
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
THREE Cheers for Jørgen ! Sounds like Truly a terrificly USEFUL utility program that you've come up with here, and which will make style OTS assignment & customization MUCH EASIER for Yamaha Tyros & PSR keyboard players. I look forward to checking out "OTS editor" out on my Tyros. Quite an impressive addition to your already comprehensive collection of utilities for Yamaha keyboards. User community support of Yamaha arrangers is truly unsurpassed by any other arranger keyboard brand. Thanks to buddy Tom Griglock for putting the program thru its paces as beta tester as well. - Scott

#113683 - 01/20/05 03:14 AM Re: Two new PSR software programs. And 14 old ones.
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
I also look forward to using this new utility on my Tyros - Thanks Jorgen

I'm new to Yamaha - can anyone tell me what the CASM section of style files are please and why I may wish to edit these?

Thanks guys (and gals?)

KFingers (Keith)

#113684 - 01/20/05 03:48 AM Re: Two new PSR software programs. And 14 old ones.
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Jørgen, you are the best.

Thanks for these free softs. OTS Editor is a very useful program.

Cheers.
Armando

#113685 - 01/20/05 05:13 AM Re: Two new PSR software programs. And 14 old ones.
Michael P. Bedesem Offline

Loc: Shrewsbury, VT
You can look up the CASM at: http://home7.inet.tele.dk/js/musik/740pages/articles/casm.htm

Unless you are making styles, there is very little reason for you to edit the CASM. And programs such as StyleRemixer, Visual Styler, StyleUpdater, Style Fix etc make it much easier by doing the edits as part of a broader function. But if you want direct control, use CasmEdit or Casm Editor.

Regards,

Michael

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KFingers:

I'm new to Yamaha - can anyone tell me what the CASM section of style files are please and why I may wish to edit these?

QUOTE]

#113686 - 01/20/05 06:35 AM Re: Two new PSR software programs. And 14 old ones.
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Thanks for the swift reply Michael....KF

#113687 - 01/20/05 10:28 AM Re: Two new PSR software programs. And 14 old ones.
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Hi All
Anyone else having problems with installing the Java software required for OTS Editor?
I have not yet succeded after several hours and lots of attempts. I can download Ok the software and install it but it refuses to come to life when I click the shortcut.
This software from Jorgen is surely the best thing since sliced bread and I am desperate to get hold of it.
I have already mailed Jorgen direct and he is offering possible solutions, but as yet we have not been successful.

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#113688 - 01/20/05 10:54 AM Re: Two new PSR software programs. And 14 old ones.
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by eddiefromrotherham:
Hi All
Anyone else having problems with installing the Java software required for OTS Editor?

Hi Eddie, I too was able to download and install the "OTS Editor" program, but regretably NOT ABLE to launch the program after clicking the shortcut icon.

I understand that "OTS Editor" requires Java Runtime Environment 1.5 software running in the background.

Unfortunately, I don't even know if Java is already installed on my Windows XP PC or not. How can I verify the version, or even if it's even installed at all? If I need to install or upgrade to version 1.5, WHICH specific download link on this page http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp am I suppose to click on? Does the Java Runtime program needs to be launched first before launching "OTS Editor" or does it launch automatically whenever booting up the computer? Detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. - Scott

#113689 - 01/20/05 12:26 PM Re: Two new PSR software programs. And 14 old ones.
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Hi Scott
So I am not alone then with my problem! In a strange way that's a kind of relief .
During my installation tasks,I was advised to look to see if I already had the software installed. The way to do this is to go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs>double click and look on the list of programs already on your PC. If you have installed the Java 1.5 it will be shown on the list.
THat's all I can help you with at the moment, I am desperately hoping that Jorgen will have further suggestions soon.
Has any other of our members tried to install?
There is perhaps something you could look at in the meantime. It is the reply I got from Jorgen. He offers certain possible areas to tackle, which I unfortunately tried without success. :-
Hi Eddie

I will of course try to help you!

First:
You have checked that you have JRE version 1.5.0 also known as Version 5.0 installed at your PC?
Check in Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs (Look for J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0) It MUST be this version of JRE.
If it is not get it from http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp
Click the DOWNLOAD JRE link, save the file to your disk and run it.

Next:
Have you other of my software Java programs running ?
- If yes: Your Java configuration is OK.

- If no: Try downloading my program JavaTest. It is found at my Software Page at http://home7.inet.tele.dk/js/software/index.htm
Last program in the right box.
JavaTest requires only JRE version 1.0, meaning it will run if the Java configuration is ok, regardless of JRE version.

If this program runs, your Java configuration is OK. And you will be told which JRE version you are running.

If this program does not run (and you have any version of JRE installed) the problem is most probably the ClassPath variable.

The third step:
Check - and edit - the ClassPath variable as described at http://home7.inet.tele.dk/js/software/tech_java.htm

Let's hope we have solved the problem here. Otherwise mail me again with your observations.

Best wishes
Jørgen

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

[This message has been edited by eddiefromrotherham (edited 01-20-2005).]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online