SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#113644 - 10/21/07 05:12 PM Re: did i ever get lucky w/p.a.!
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles: Hey Mo, just curious. When you head back to Miami, are you flying or driving? And if driving, going through or near Atlanta? chas
chas, nice of you to ask..we're driving, and after a sleepover at a friend in Philly will be stopping for dinner w/a drummer friend in Waynesville, NC (1/2 hr w. of Asheville) then push on to Spartanburg SC for sleepover and then we have to really push to make Miami on night of the 1st, so no chance of Atlanta.

#113645 - 10/21/07 05:29 PM Re: did i ever get lucky w/p.a.!
keysvocalssax Offline

well here's my "Peavey Jam" report..started out nice and sane and got wild 'n woolly toward the end when several had their amps going at once.. so even though I had the speakers on the floor directly at my sides, i was having trouble hearing myself and knew better than to push it or i would be drowning out others. so that's when the speakers on the E60 really helped..I turned them up from 10 o'clock to 4 o'clock and lowered the pa head and problem solved. however, the XLR end of my mic cord grabbed the female socket and pulled it out of the head when it was over..don't know if was age of the unit or just bad tolerances, but not going to complain at price i paid, don't need all those xlr inputs and channel has a 1/4-in jack as well. What was very interesting was hearing so many of the cats there tell me that they and/or their bands used some version of the XLR-600 at one time w/ some version of Peavey speakers, and to a man they said that the unit was a dependable workhorse that always sounded good and never was short of power when they needed it. But i'm leaving it in the barn for next summer..still will be shopping for lighter stuff..as per dnj's cm-30 thread..

------------------
Miami Mo

#113646 - 10/21/07 09:03 PM Re: did i ever get lucky w/p.a.!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keysvocalssax:
well here's my "Peavey Jam" report..started out nice and sane and got wild 'n woolly toward the end when several had their amps going at once..
so even though I had the speakers on the floor directly at my sides, i was having trouble hearing myself and knew better than to push it or i would be drowning out others. so that's when the speakers on the E60 really helped..I turned them up from 10 o'clock to 4 o'clock and lowered the pa head and problem solved. however, the XLR end of my mic cord grabbed the female socket and pulled it out of the head when it was over..don't know if was age of the unit or just bad tolerances,
but not going to complain at price i paid,
don't need all those xlr inputs and channel
has a 1/4-in jack as well. What was very interesting was hearing so many of the cats there tell me that they and/or their bands
used some version of the XLR-600 at one time
w/ some version of Peavey speakers, and to
a man they said that the unit was a dependable workhorse that always sounded good
and never was short of power when they needed
it. But i'm leaving it in the barn for next
summer..still will be shopping for lighter stuff..as per dnj's cm-30 thread..

Mo after reading this post .....
Although very proficient for SMALL GIGS
I dont think the CM30 is gonna be good for your needs if your playing at that kind of loud volume....reread my review

#113647 - 10/22/07 07:26 AM Re: did i ever get lucky w/p.a.!
keysvocalssax Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj: Mo after reading this post ..... Although very proficient for SMALL GIGS I dont think the CM30 is gonna be good for your needs if your playing at that kind of loud volume....reread my review
Donny, thanks, but that was unusual circumstances--someone brought their 13-yr-old kid gtrist who started rockin out, mandolin player plugged pickup into her amp, the elec bass, gtr, drums all got louder etc. My kb gigs in Miami are usually solo/duo in small venues, moderate size parties, street fairs etc. Most jams i just bring sax, if i bring kb they usually have a p.a. I wouldn't go w/cm-30 unless i got 2 of them or hooked one up w/a behringer K1800FX, say.. but I'm going to try a lot of stuff, incl the stagepas, the EV's..and also will try that lightweight Yamaha powered mixer that's pop now w/ my pair of squeir trapezoid 12's..lo-end i know but sound good.

------------------
Miami Mo

#113648 - 10/22/07 08:25 AM Re: did i ever get lucky w/p.a.!
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by keysvocalssax:
chas, nice of you to ask..we're driving, and
after a sleepover at a friend in Philly will be stopping for dinner w/a drummer friend in Waynesville, NC (1/2 hr w. of Asheville)
then push on to Spartanburg SC for sleepover and then we have to really push to make Miami
on night of the 1st, so no chance of Atlanta.

Too bad, Mo, but sounds like a fun-filled trip home. Atlanta has a very active and hip music scene so if you're ever in the area, be sure and let me know. Plus, you're more than welcome to stay here if you like (well, that is, if you bring the sax ). Have a safe trip.

chas

#113649 - 10/22/07 08:45 AM Re: did i ever get lucky w/p.a.!
keysvocalssax Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles: Too bad, Mo, but sounds like a fun-filled trip home. Atlanta has a very active and hip music scene so if you're ever in the area, be sure and let me know. Plus, you're more than welcome to stay here if you like (well, that is, if you bring the sax ). Have a safe trip. chas
thanks, evil twin, if i do i will remember to bring my own water (if we have any left after okeechobee dries up as bad as Ga) and i'm hip that even tho i can hold my own vs any sax-first kb convert around, i can't compete w/ a great kb person, as i'm sure you are, and i do love playing w/organ players.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online