SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#113626 - 08/02/02 07:11 PM Yamaha PSR2000 arrived at my house today
MagicUser Offline

Loc: New York, USA
I finally got the PSR2000. I have been tracking it from George's store to my home for a week. About every hour just to make sure.
Beautiful sounds and features. It was hard to keep my kids off of it so I could get a chance to try it out.
I have been trying to go through the manual every night before it arrives to know all of the features but there is a lot packed into a little space.
I will try to keep you posted as to what develops from it. I will need a few more "hints" from the experts.
Thanks for all of the knowledge that you have posted.
Thanks George!

- Brian

#113627 - 08/02/02 07:20 PM Re: Yamaha PSR2000 arrived at my house today
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congratulations Brian.
Tip #1. Keep the kids away from it.
Eddie

#113628 - 08/02/02 07:21 PM Re: Yamaha PSR2000 arrived at my house today
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Brian,
As a fellow "Y2K" owner, I wish you all the best !! And you right they sure have "packed-a-bunch" in there
Anyway , have fun and where here if you need us !!
O-BTW , don`t get discouraged if the manual and "what realy happens" are not exactly the same. You wil learn a lot just by having fun
jedi

#113629 - 08/02/02 08:07 PM Re: Yamaha PSR2000 arrived at my house today
Octave8 Offline

Tip#2:

If you don't want your kids to progress in keyboards/music, refer to Tip#1

O8

#113630 - 08/02/02 08:44 PM Re: Yamaha PSR2000 arrived at my house today
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Brian; Welcome to the PSR2000 fan club! Keep us posted on your progress. Don't forget to checkout the great MusicFinder feature. Don't forget that you can easily edit or create your own custom MusicFinder database on your desktop PC computer (MusicFinder Editor Excel Utility) which is much easier & quicker to do than via the keyboard itself, but I'm guess I'm jumping ahead too quickly now. For now, have fun playing and exploring the 2000's built in styles & sounds. Btw, Don't forget the XG bank of sounds which offer even more instrument sound options from those in the other acoustic instrument sound banks. If you have any questions, feel secure that someone on the forum is always here to help.

Scott

#113631 - 08/02/02 09:34 PM Re: Yamaha PSR2000 arrived at my house today
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Brian,
I'm glad your PSR2000 arrived right on time. You emailed me about not being able to play or even see things on the floppy. Please be sure that you are using the page up buttons above and to the right of the display to move over to the floppy window. If you don't, you wont see anything show up. This is available on the SMF song disk when in song mode (by pushing the function button just to the left of the word song in the screen, and when using the factory PSR2000 disk when in the style mode by pushing the button just to the left of the word style in the main screen. I hope you understand, and if not, please call me first thing Saturday Morning at my store (after 10AM California time).
As you know, I used your keyboard in my store so I know everything works fine in it. I re-initialized the keyboard before sending it to you and wiped out anything I had in the USER area before packing up.
I'm confident with all the help around here and your patience, you will figure everything out.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
(Retired 2021)

#113632 - 08/03/02 06:06 AM Re: Yamaha PSR2000 arrived at my house today
MagicUser Offline

Loc: New York, USA
Thank for the support all.

George,
The demo disk that is for the vocal harmonizer displays a "Disk Error" when accessing it. The other one with the PSR2000 label comes up blank. I have now used about 10 different floppies I created with Midi and Style disks and they work fine with no problems at all. I am sure it is those disks.
After using floppies since they first came out (I still have the original 8 inch floppies from the 1970's) I understand how vunerable they are. If they are avaialble on the web anywhere I can download them and create new ones.
Thanks for all of your support.
- Brian

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online