SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#113596 - 12/14/05 11:16 PM Another Song for your Listen: Playing the Yamaha Tyros2 on a Bicycle !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
A couple of days ago (Monday), I was just getting ready to record & post a Christmas song, when fellow Synthzone buddy, John North (UK) from the Technics forum, contacted me on Skype to tell me about a new (recent) song entitled: "Nine Million Bicycles In Beijing", written & sung by UK pop singer sensation, Katie Melua .

John suggested, perhaps because of its asian pop flavor sound, that I might be interested in recording it on my Tyros2. Immediately after hearing it, I was excited to record my rendition of it, even though I of course realize it imcomparable to Katie's Melua's wonderful original. Because no sheet music or leadsheet is yet available, I had to pick it up completely by ear, listening to the MP3 of the original CD cut. I performed & recorded it on my Tyros2 in auto accompaniment mode utilizing the Tyros2's "ContempPopBld" style. Hope you guys enjoy my 'quickly put together' rendition of this beautiful contemporary love song.

To listen:
Go to my WEBSITE: Scott Yee Entertainment
then Click on the "Song Demos" page link.
"Nine Million Bicycles In Beijing" is located in the "Classic Ballads" Section. Both DSL & 56K dialup versions are available.

Side note: This song composition was inspired when Katie Melua and friends were on a trip in China, and their tour guide pointed out that, believe it or not, there actually are, over nine million bicycles in Beijing:

Ok, I hope to find time in the midst of this hectic holiday schedule, to record and post a Christmas song next.

Happy Holidays to all,

Scott

#113597 - 12/15/05 01:56 AM Re: Another Song for your Listen: Playing the Yamaha Tyros2 on a Bicycle !
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
I love that song. I cant hear your rendition cos i am using my cellphone internet. Katie Melua is an angel..and thats a fact

#113598 - 12/15/05 08:09 AM Re: Another Song for your Listen: Playing the Yamaha Tyros2 on a Bicycle !
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Scotty.....I just heard your latest song....
Wow, I'm impressed....I really love this song.....the "Oriental Theme" should be a movie track ...your vocals were at home with
this song....another good showing of the T-2
I've never heard this song before but it keeps going over and over in my mind, thanks
TR

#113599 - 12/15/05 10:26 AM Re: Another Song for your Listen: Playing the Yamaha Tyros2 on a Bicycle !
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Hi Scott.

Thanks for sharing this beautiful song.
I enjoyed too much your rendition.

Cheers.
Armando

#113600 - 12/15/05 10:29 AM Re: Another Song for your Listen: Playing the Yamaha Tyros2 on a Bicycle !
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
If I recall I think the Queen of England loves this song and even requested the song played live by the singer at the palace. I think she's also a big fan of the singer.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#113601 - 12/15/05 05:15 PM Re: Another Song for your Listen: Playing the Yamaha Tyros2 on a Bicycle !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by rolandfan:
I cant hear your rendition cos i am using my cellphone internet.

Roland: I trust that you've got internet access on your home computer, so hope you'll get a chance to download & listen there.

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
If I recall I think the Queen of England loves this song and even requested the song played live by the singer at the palace. I think she's also a big fan of the singer.
Squeak

Squeak: Since you didn't mention which singer, might this mean I've now got a gig with the Queen of England? I'll have to check my schedule.

Armando & Tony: many thanks for listening, and for such kind comments as well.

On ANOTHER NOTE: considering the SZ General Arranger forum is dedicated to arranger keyboard music-making, I've noticed that, in spite of all the new arranger keyboards people here have been buying lately (from Ketron SD1, Korg PA1XPro, and Roland G70, to Ketron Midjay & Yamaha Tyros2 now) there seems to be very little or no interest , by members to share (post) their 'arranger keyboard produced' songs here, yet many people here tout one (theirs) keyboard over the others. I think a good way way to judge a keyboard is by hearing SZ member produced songs, not just slickly produced manufacterer commercial demos (which are often only the result of lots of post production studio editing) and of which can't be easily duplicated by average Joe (in my case, Scott) musicians like me and you. I had hoped for more membership interest & participation re: arranger keyboard produced song contributions & song posting feedback.

Interestingly enough, even though the Ketron MidJay has been out for a while now, I've yet to hear one SZ member produced song with the Ketron Midjay, and I've heard very little done on the Roland G70 and Korg PA1XPro as well.

Ok, who's going to step up to the plate next, and post a song(s) recorded on their arranger keyboard now? I would really love to hear more sz member arranger keyboard produced songs. Am I alone on this?

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 12-15-2005).]

#113602 - 12/15/05 08:13 PM Re: Another Song for your Listen: Playing the Yamaha Tyros2 on a Bicycle !
ccdmax Offline

Loc: South Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
....Ok, who's going to step up to the plate next, and post a song(s) recorded on their arranger keyboard now? I would really love to hear more sz member arranger keyboard produced songs. Am I alone on this?

Scott

Hey Scott,

I couldn't agree with you more. Well, in my life, I have produced many CD's for people using only arranger keyboards.
But just to show you guys what can be produced using just an arranger, click on the link for my website. There are two songs that will be on my upcoming CD. Both of them have been produced using Korg PA1X Pro and my hands

cheers,

ccdmax

------------------
Korg Triton Extreme, PA1X Pro, Yamaha PSR730 (for sale)
Click to visit my website

[This message has been edited by ccdmax (edited 12-15-2005).]

#113603 - 12/15/05 09:25 PM Re: Another Song for your Listen: Playing the Yamaha Tyros2 on a Bicycle !
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Wow,
Scott, that was different and it was great.
Love the way you chose the different instruments for the solo.

You and the T2 sound great.

Eric

#113604 - 12/16/05 04:43 AM Re: Another Song for your Listen: Playing the Yamaha Tyros2 on a Bicycle !
trtjazz Offline

Scott IMO I like your rendition better than hers. The only thing I would say is that your vocals get a semi tone off here and there, which is odd for you, because you are usually spot on with them.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry
http://www.musicchops.com/forums/

#113605 - 12/16/05 07:43 AM Re: Another Song for your Listen: Playing the Yamaha Tyros2 on a Bicycle !
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Scott ... A different sound and style, but very interesting ... I haven't heard the original, so I can't do a comparison, but I think it sounds good especially having done it 'by ear', along with your years of musical training ... As they say ANYONE can do it after 30 years or practice ... ...

I also think I agree with Terry on the pitch of a few notes ... this surprised me after hearing "I get along ..etc." which as I remember was right on ...
t.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online