SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#113606 - 12/16/05 07:45 AM Re: Another Song for your Listen: Playing the Yamaha Tyros2 on a Bicycle !
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:

Ok, who's going to step up to the plate next, and post a song(s) recorded on their arranger keyboard now? I would really love to hear more sz member arranger keyboard produced songs. Am I alone on this?
Scott
[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 12-15-2005).]

One of these days ... Be careful what you ask for ....
t.

#113607 - 12/16/05 08:17 AM Re: Another Song for your Listen: Playing the Yamaha Tyros2 on a Bicycle !
KN_Fan Offline

I am pretty dissapointed Scott.

I thought you were truly gonna play your Tyros2 ON a bicycle

Funny and interesting song though (I like the rhythm too)

One more thing...that Katie Melua is just...

#113608 - 12/17/05 01:36 PM Re: Another Song for your Listen: Playing the Yamaha Tyros2 on a Bicycle !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Eric B, Terry Telson, Tony Mads, and KN_Fan (Jonas): Thanks for your replies to my song. In regards to being off a semi-tone here and there, maybe I subconciously sang it that way to fit the semi-tone nature of oriental music. Seriously though, when hearing it in original WAV form, this was not apparent to my ears, and seems to be more noticeable after converting to WMA/MP3. I have to admit that some of my other takes had even worse vocal flaws.

One thing I noticed after I had recorded and posted this song, was that I had inadvertantly mis-adjusted my mic EQ setting, reducing the mids by accident, losing mid-range vocal clarity and brilliance. I'll make sure to re-adjust and check this when recording my next tune, of which I plan to be a Christmas Song.

The way I record on the Tyros2 is by first creating several Registrations for different parts (sections) of the song. I then simply hit RECORD on the Tyros2's built in audio recorder, and sing and play the song live in auto accompaniment mode, capturing flaws and all. I usually record the song 2-4 times and then simply choose the best take, one with least amount of flaws, and admit I RARELY (if ever) find a recording take I'm COMPLETELY satsified with (with NO flaws). That level of pro result would require post editing separate tracks, specific notes, or even individual portion or specific note of a vocal track, not possible on the Tyros2 itself. I own Cakewalk Sonar, but don't have the skill, patience, or interest to take on that kind of task, so I suppose, unless I pay a pro studio engineer to do it, I'm going to have to sacrifice some flaws for the convenience of doing a straight shot recording from begininng to end without post vocal editing.

On that note, interested in hearing how (method) others are using to record their arranger keyboard created songs.

Merry Christmas & happy holidays to all. Ok, off to another gig now.

Scott

#113609 - 12/18/05 05:58 PM Re: Another Song for your Listen: Playing the Yamaha Tyros2 on a Bicycle !
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Scott,
Love your new song. I adore Katie even though she has stolen my career (I wish!) Her debut song 'Closest thing to crazy' Is the song I always wanted to write! Beautifully simple and yet bang on the mark. Just the song inside of me that never seems to come out!

Anyway back to your song. The arrangement was amazing and you certainly did it justice. I know exactly what you mean about the effects compression has on vocals that seem fine on the orig. wav file. Almost as if there is a cut off point and any subtleties or nuances in a vocal are lost leaving the vocal to seem flat in places. Annoying but until we are all on super fast connections something we have to live with!

I am about to go and listen to your earlier posted song now as I have not been about much (busy time trying to get everything in order before I leave work for 17 days over Christmas )

best wishes as always
Tony
PS there is always at least one Queen in England who would book a Scott Yee gig in a second

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online