SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#112576 - 09/12/01 12:04 AM Re: Is Everybody O.K.??
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
I am lost for words to describe my emotions, my sorrow & sadness for this horrendous human tragedy in New York,Washington,& Pittsburgh.
This was not just an attack against the American nation but an attack on humanity.
As of now the world will change & the free world will come together.
It seems that everybody knows or knows of someone that worked or lives near the WTC the population that work & live there are from all over the world
I extend my deepest sympathies to everybody that has been touched by this tragedy
Johnnie

#112577 - 09/12/01 12:21 AM Re: Is Everybody O.K.??
Paddy1nz Offline

Loc: New Zealand
I know someone in NY at the moment and haven't heard from them.
Dumb terrorists. How dare they celebrate in arabia or where ever they're from. They make me sick

Paddy

#112578 - 09/12/01 02:08 AM Re: Is Everybody O.K.??
flowerssupply Offline

Loc: Ireland
I wish all of you peace and I am fully aware that the strikes are not at our way of freedom they are at themselves so it will help us if we can forgive them and rise in dignity. We do not have to do anything only grieve and in due course learn to forgive because if we forgive we heal and if we dont we collude with and add to the tragedy. Thanks for reading this post Pierce in Ireland.

#112579 - 09/12/01 04:19 AM Re: Is Everybody O.K.??
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
Hello,
We in Europe (Belgium) were also very choqued with this barbarian attack.
We disaprove this inhuman attack.
We all wish you Americans many strenght and hopefully the terrorist will soon be captured in order to avoid new trouble.
We make many prayers for you....
Greetings,
Alain

#112580 - 09/12/01 05:27 AM Re: Is Everybody O.K.??
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
My wife teaches 1st grade and one of her students has an uncle that worked at the WTC. They have not heard from him. We are praying.

Tom

#112581 - 09/12/01 06:03 AM Re: Is Everybody O.K.??
Vic01 Offline

Loc: Madison, Wisconsin USA
I spent the evening at a prayer service at a church in town. As we prayed for the rescue workers and possible survivors I was struck by how much we take for granted on a daily basis. I am so grateful for my wife and kids and the friends I have. As George was saying life is very fragile. Scripture says "weeping may endure for the night but in the morning comes joy...". For many it will be a long long night but I pray for the healing of broken lives and a new sense that we all need each other.

#112582 - 09/12/01 09:21 AM Re: Is Everybody O.K.??
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to cope with someone whose's country and religion teaches him that if he did this great thing for his cause and died in the act he would go straight to la la land (heaven) or what ever he believes in. Very scary. Such people in my opion have no right to life.

#112583 - 09/12/01 09:45 AM Re: Is Everybody O.K.??
drubstar Offline

Loc: USA
Thank you Uncle Dave for singing the message of love and peace in Imagine.All of humanity so desperately need to hear it.I am so upset,it's difficult for me to even think straight.God help us here in America and to all of our brothers and sisters in every country on this planet,we are all one human family.
Peace,Peace,Peace No more killing of any member of the human family.NO MORE WARS!

#112584 - 09/12/01 10:11 AM Re: Is Everybody O.K.??
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Well, I was out for a two weeks holiday when I heard from the italian TV of this attack. At first I couldn't believe it really had happened. Then I realized it was sadly true and I am afraid that our prayers for a better world are bound to be disappointed. Behind this insane act there is an evil mind and this becomes apparent if you consider that by hitting the WTC towers (more than the Pentagon) this evil mind has:
1- taken a horrible toll in human lives
2- hit the United States (and the western world) in one of the strategic places of their economy
3- destroyed one of the symbols of NYC (just like destroying the Tour Eiffel in Paris or the Colosseum in Rome) and indeed a wonderful piece of contemporary architecture.
So it's evident that are at work evil forces that greatly surpass our imagination and we can only pray that those forces can and will be effectively contrasted and crashed by all the men of goodwill throughout the world.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 09-12-2001).]

#112585 - 09/12/01 11:54 AM Re: Is Everybody O.K.??
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Religion based on paranoia. It amazes me how people..?? (if you can call these idiots people) can try to justify their actions on a belief that only they hold. I'm not a religious person, am I'm not about to get into a theological discussion. I believe in life..that's it..no temple, no shrine, no burning goat, no crutch..nothing. Life is what we make of it. But I do pray, and today I pray for those lost, the families, brothers, sisters, children. And I also pray that the perpetrators, meet a fate deserving of their cowardly act. Nothing can justify these kind of atrocities. My thoughts go out to all of you.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online