SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#111992 - 02/11/04 06:14 AM Comptetion for Necko???
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA

#111993 - 02/11/04 06:42 AM Re: Comptetion for Necko???
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
I am glad Liontracks have finally made it into mainstream press. This is a bit after the party (NAMM was almost a month ago), but better late then never.

One thing that I see in the X-76 that I like is that the chassis is compact (with the mod/pitch wheels above the keyboard, and not on the left of it. I am sure this will help make it a bit lighter than it it would have been otherwise (or than Neko), and in my book lighter is better.

I will reserve my overall judgement on this instrument until I see how it sounds and feels under my fingers. I only hope that they will have a dealer in Phoenix area who will have one that will get one in stock, so that I can look at it (or offer free 30-45 day return).

Good luck to Liontracks (it even rhymes)

#111994 - 02/11/04 07:49 AM Re: Comptetion for Necko???
Dnj Offline

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-11-2004).]

#111995 - 02/11/04 08:35 AM Re: Comptetion for Necko???
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
If this Lionstracs sells well, Yamaha, Roland, Kord, etc., will have to re-thing there marketing strategies.
Starkeeper

#111996 - 02/11/04 09:03 AM Re: Comptetion for Necko???
trtjazz Offline

You can bet the big 3 have been thinking in this direction, probably long before these 2 boards were ever thought of. Like IBM used to do though they would let other companies pump the big bucks into all the R&D to see if the product will fly or not and create the market for it, then they would come out with the new and improved version to an existing market already.

In short IBM did not create the markets they let someone else do that but then built a better mouse trap.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#111997 - 02/12/04 02:07 PM Re: Comptetion for Necko???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Starkeeper:
If this Lionstracs sells well, Yamaha, Roland, Kord, etc., will have to re-thing there marketing strategies.
Starkeeper

yea, you have right Starkeeper..

I get some interesting calls there, from someone that your know well, but I don't have accepted. Is 10 years that I develope for others company, now is time that LIONSTRACS name go UP and teach how design the future.
Anyway, is hard that they big company take this way, why they are afraid of the Open souce,why then all ppl may copying.
Good for us, why WE want that all can copy and developing better our application ( under GPL of couse)

is like Aliev, I'm sure someday like buy a Mediastation and develope this great keyboard new GOOD application and maybe to be our Lionstracs developer too.
Just look now in our webpage : about
A lot of our engineers are around the world and they don't need to working here, just a DSL line connect in forward,inside my Master mediastation here in Italy!

Aliev, if you like, we can send you the GUI files under QT and you can drawing/editing all the GUI windows how you want and then have your personal mediastation GUI.
of course, if we have some bugs, you can help to fix too or add new function, just contact Sbenno.

I had upload in the website new GUI's and Video clips

Another point to be clean...we don't competition with the others company, we just have a different product technology, ideas and marketing.
Totally respect for the others...I'm still own of a Korg trinity, Roland G-800/megafloppy ( my old product) Yamaha AW4416.

Cheers
Domenik

#111998 - 02/13/04 02:04 PM Re: Comptetion for Necko???
ailev Offline

Loc: Moscow, Russia
domenik,
I'll better wait to have your firmware at my home first. And only then I'll be thinking about tweaking software

I am not a programmer now. I do employ Linux programmers at my own firm. If I will need a new Mediastation application (e.g. style morphing) I'll simply pay for it and then share that new module with others...

#111999 - 02/13/04 05:22 PM Re: Comptetion for Necko???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ailev:
domenik,
I'll better wait to have your firmware at my home first. And only then I'll be thinking about tweaking software

I am not a programmer now. I do employ Linux programmers at my own firm. If I will need a new Mediastation application (e.g. style morphing) I'll simply pay for it and then share that new module with others...

Aliev
I'm iteresting too in to styles morphing, I think that is a good stuff, just to have some different.
In this moments all my 6 Linux software developer are to much busy, but IF you know someone that like develope it under Linux ( and know for what we are talking for ) let me know. Benno may send some source code and application of or 32 tracks Arranger and ADD this new functions

Let me know
Domenik

#112000 - 02/14/04 09:41 PM Re: Comptetion for Necko???
ailev Offline

Loc: Moscow, Russia
I do not understand how my guys can develop Arranger add-ons software without mediastation hardware to testing and debugging.

Better I will wait for getting of Mediastation hardware at home and will be speaking with my programmers after that.

Therefore I will patiently wait till April.

#112001 - 02/15/04 03:06 AM Re: Comptetion for Necko???
sbenno Offline

Sorry no source code will be posted before the Mediastation will not ship.
Thirdparty developers need documentation when accessing code and programming interfaces so putting online work in progress stuff does not make much sense.

BTW: don't beat anyone if the dates slip a bit
As said better finished stuff a bit later than defective stuff now. (on SZ we see often complaints about unfinished/defective firmware of keyboards).

cheers,
Benno
http://www.linuxsampler.org

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online