SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#111950 - 11/01/05 05:54 PM What is going on ... ?
claudiu Offline

Loc: Sterling Heights, Michigan USA
Hi: I tried to create my own style using the 16 track sequencer on my va76. On the first channel i recorded a guitar - on the second channel i recorded the piano - on the 3rd channel i recorded a bass. After that i wanted to listen to them combined ( like in a song ) to see what i did so far...and when i pressed play..the guitar was playing something...( other than i recorded) ..the piano just some broken notes and the bass just some parts of it.........i did it like this:
1. Pressed Song Composer
2. Pressed 16 track Sequencer
3. Pressed Master
4. Pressed track 1 and REC - mode/merge - PLAY buttons and started playing something with the guitar selected and after i finished i pressed stop.
Steps 5 and 6 are the same but with different tone.

After i recorded the 3 tracks i wanted to listen to the " song " and it was just a messsssssss the guitar was just messed up, the piano sounded like a freak and the bass ...creeepy ! What is going on... ? Is it because of the measures ? Is it because i am not familiar with the sequence feature ? Or is it because the arranger has problems....please answer me ! Appreciate it. Best Wishes.

#111951 - 11/01/05 06:04 PM Re: What is going on ... ?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Claudiu,
I can't help with how to actually do it, but are you trying to create an actual style or are you trying to record a song, track by track.
They're not recorded in the same way as far as I'm aware.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by claudiu:
[B]Hi:

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#111952 - 11/02/05 07:42 AM Re: What is going on ... ?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I don't have the VA but I have to agree with Rikkis here. After reading your post and you steps taken (and taking into consideration how arranger keyboards work) you weren't in the proper "recording mode" to record a style. What you did was enter the sequencer which is "linear". To record styles you'll need to go udner the style recorder of your VA.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#111953 - 11/02/05 10:37 AM Re: What is going on ... ?
claudiu Offline

You guys thank you very much. Looks like i'll really have to read the owner's book - and figure it all out. Thank you for your answers ! Best Wishes ! ( i was trying to do...don't know how you call it - Everything in a song besides the vocal ) in europe it's called " negative " ....

#111954 - 11/02/05 12:05 PM Re: What is going on ... ?
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
hi claudiu, just an idea, why don,t you part ex. your board for something a lot easier to use,after all its about enjoying your music, and that is difficult when you have a steep learning curve,even if it is a great board,mike

#111955 - 11/02/05 02:31 PM Re: What is going on ... ?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Claudiu,
I was wondering what a " negative " was,
I've heard of it called " music minus one" and I usually refer to it as a " backing track". ie all the backing tracks for a instrumental soloist or a singer.

VA7/76 from memory actually have 2 sequencers . One is the 16 track sequencer where you record track by track ie drums, bass, etc etc. The other sequencing option some sort of an "easy record" function. ie record your backing in one easy step using a style. ie pick style, press record. You play the chord changes and pick variations etc.

Unfortunately you're going to have to read the manual, but at least you may have a rough idea of what you're looking for.
best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by claudiu:
You guys thank you very much. Looks like i'll really have to read the owner's book - and figure it all out. Thank you for your answers ! Best Wishes ! ( i was trying to do...don't know how you call it - Everything in a song besides the vocal ) in europe it's called " negative " ....

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 11-02-2005).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#111956 - 11/02/05 04:23 PM Re: What is going on ... ?
claudiu Offline

A negative is everything you hear in a song - besides the vocal - it's like a soundtrack - imagine kelly clarkson singing " a moment like this " but hearing just the instruments and not the voice. Imagine josh groban's " you raise me up " but just the song, without the vocal. If you wanna perform at american idol you need the " negative " i don't know how you call it in america... It's everything you hear but the voice. The song flows normally but the voice is mutted I hope you understand what i mean - and i wanna do that, too for my friend - i think i need the 16 track sequcencer - i need to record drums, piano, strings, bass, guitar and all that and then, put it on a cd and give it to her...Best wishes, claudiu

#111957 - 11/02/05 04:25 PM Re: What is going on ... ?
claudiu Offline

I think the thing is called " playback " ) when a singer doesn't play live he/she is playing playback - or a more specific example would be josh groban alone on stage, singing, and the instruments are on the " negative " ( CD) ..

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online