SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#111113 - 04/20/05 07:41 AM Re: How do you get that pitch correction gizmo to work on the Tyros?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
The Roland Diskcover 5 has Vocal Pitch Correction

#111114 - 04/20/05 08:00 AM Re: How do you get that pitch correction gizmo to work on the Tyros?
GeneG Offline

Loc: Frisco, Texas
Page 131 of the Tyros Owners Manual states:

LEAD PITCH CORRECTION
When “Correct” is selected the pitch of the lead vocal is shifted in precise semitone
steps. This parameter is only effective when the LEAD GENDER TYPE above is
set to other than Off.

#111115 - 04/20/05 09:50 AM Re: How do you get that pitch correction gizmo to work on the Tyros?
Roel Offline

GeneG,
THANKS ! You are very right.... I missed it completely.
It's one of the many fantastic 'hidden' features.

#111116 - 04/20/05 10:19 AM Re: How do you get that pitch correction gizmo to work on the Tyros?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Here's what the PSR-3000 manual says "When “Correct” is selected, the pitch of the lead vocal is shifted
in precise semitone steps. This parameter is only effective when
the LEAD GENDER TYPE above is set to other than Off."

I've never need this, but if it's in the 3000, it's in the Tyros as well.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#111117 - 04/20/05 10:37 AM Re: How do you get that pitch correction gizmo to work on the Tyros?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Gary are you sure you never need this feature??

#111118 - 04/20/05 10:39 AM Re: How do you get that pitch correction gizmo to work on the Tyros?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I humbly stand corrected.

I now an anxious to try out this feature and see if can make me a singer after all!

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#111119 - 04/20/05 11:04 AM Re: How do you get that pitch correction gizmo to work on the Tyros?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Well, I guess I did hear it right somewhere along the way, but wasn't considering singing then.

OK, this is all totally new to me. Anybody suggest what setting would be the best to make it sound like I am the only one singing and what setting(s) might be good to try for harmony with my own voice.

Anyone use a harmony voice (sound) other than there own voice? If so, which ones sound best?

I want to get some of these questions answered so when I try it, it is a positive enough experience that I will want to continue experimenting with this.

I don't want a repeat of the frustration I experienced when I tried the vocal harmonizer for my original intent, which was to play left hand chords and right hand trumpet. A real trumpet that I blow on. I had dreams of having a trumpet section, or trumpet lead with other instruments as harmony. I thought being able to make horn section licks and riffs would be a real cool thing to do. As it was, it always sounded bad. The harmony voices sounded like a bunch of bumble bee's in a cardboard box. haha.

If anyone has successfully used the harmonizer with a trumpet or other acoustic instrument PLEASE tell me how to do it.

Thanx
Scott Langholff http://www.ScottLMusic.com

#111120 - 04/20/05 11:09 AM Re: How do you get that pitch correction gizmo to work on the Tyros?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I was just about to let you know that yes, all the Yamaha's have pitch correction with their vocal harmony keyboards but you all just beat me to it.
Also, for those of you who own the G70 Roland or if you can get to a store that has one on display (probably only mine!) on the west coast, I would suggest you enter the demo mode and go to vocal harmony and select the button labeled "vocal harmonist" and then select "auto pitch correction". You will begin to hear the song Amazing Grace and if you plug in a mic you can sing and the G70 vocal harmonizer will put you perfectly in tune no matter what you say or sing. It is the same as on the Discover 5 keyboard but the Discover 5 had no arranger and no sequencer, it only played standard midi files.
(Retired 2021)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online