SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#110969 - 03/30/05 10:33 AM Alesis USB8 mixer?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Does anyone have any experience with this mixer? I like the USB feature; I'd like to know how it compares with other mixers, especially Behringer. I don't think there are any other USB mixers out there except the Mackie Onyx (optional card). But if there are others, I'd like to hear baout them.

#110970 - 03/30/05 05:18 PM Re: Alesis USB8 mixer?
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I have a mackie dfx 12 I'm thinking of selling to get one of these usb mixers they look good on paper. I'm interested in any info also. I downloaded the manual.

------------------
qqqwq@hotmail.com

#110971 - 03/31/05 04:22 AM Re: Alesis USB8 mixer?
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
I am also considering this mixer. I have been going back and forth between this alesis and the behringer UB 1222fx pro.
Any guidiance would be helpful.
One question is how the effect sections of alesis vs. behringer compare.
Thank you

------------------
The old Newb

[This message has been edited by OldNewb (edited 03-31-2005).]

#110972 - 03/31/05 05:33 AM Re: Alesis USB8 mixer?
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Sorry to say , if you go to Musicians Friend website and look at the user reviews it seems to be lacking in the quality Dept. I think 5 out of 7 had trouble and had to send it back.
Of course,imho, most people won't bother to write a review unless they have a complaint.

#110973 - 03/31/05 07:27 AM Re: Alesis USB8 mixer?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Quote:
Originally posted by OldNewb:
I am also considering this mixer. I have been going back and forth between this alesis and the behringer UB 1222fx pro.
Any guidiance would be helpful.
One question is how the effect sections of alesis vs. behringer compare.
Thank you

I have a 1222FX-Pro I use at church. The quality seems excellent. The FX section is very adequate. Although I don't have need for many effects, I do use the Ambience program with no problems. The congregation has given me many positive comments regarding the choir sound since we've gotten our new equipment. This is one of the reasons I wanted experienced feedback on the Alesis. I have heard there are some quality issues also, but IMHO there is nothing better than hearing from an actual user or seller.

#110974 - 03/31/05 07:56 AM Re: Alesis USB8 mixer?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have the Behringer 1222FXPro, also the 1204 FX. They both work great. No problems, including effects. Main outputs are balanced XLR only, so you may need to buy cables, depending on the inputs on your amp or speakers.
DonM

#110975 - 03/31/05 08:47 AM Re: Alesis USB8 mixer?
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi, also there are the new Alesis Firewire mixers too(soon to be release).....in the topic about quality, they are really nice and quiet, I even would say that is one or two( perhaps more) steps above the Behringer, and for the fact that the Alesis rep was in GC....I see that a little skeptical.....I think was not....plus the fact that he did not mention the Firewire mixers....besides, you do NOT need to install drivers in either, other differences are: in the USB the audio capture is merge into 2 channels....while in the firewire mixers, if it is 8 channel, you get each channel separate, that way, you can really have a cery nice final mix .....well, there you have it.

------------------
mdorantes

#110976 - 03/31/05 08:22 PM Re: Alesis USB8 mixer?
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Thank you for the input guys.
I was also just about to order the 1204 FX, from Musician's Friend when suddenly it was no longer available. It was on clearance with a limited quantity.
I snoozed and I lost I guess.
I liked the 5 band eq, and for $149 which it was going for, I thought it a good deal. Wish I had jumped on that one. Oh well.

------------------
The old Newb

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online