SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#110857 - 08/17/01 04:06 AM I tried the YAM psr 9000 for my prob.of levels
korgy Offline

Loc: FRANCE
HI, folks,

First i thank you all for your replies , i really needed them !

Today, i went to a shop to test an other PA80 and it had the same prob.i already mentionned in my previous post , the guy of the shop discovered it with me, now he is aware .

I tried the YAM psr 9000 they had in shop.
Result: the levels i chose for Drums, bass, ACC.. were played back as i tweaked them and the guy could even change them while the SEQ was running and all was taped right.
What a relief,I asked him a last question before i change KB, as i play chords with right hand does the YAM fit, he didn't know.

Follow my thinking, Does the YAM psr 9000, Technics 6000 or 6500, Roland VA5 /VA7 recognise chord scanning right from split point ??

Great forum for useful infos, guys (girls),keep on going !!

Korgy; French musician Thanks

#110858 - 08/17/01 05:27 AM Re: I tried the YAM psr 9000 for my prob.of levels
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
My friend with a Roland VA says they will recognise chord accompaniment right of split. But you need to check it out yourself.

Graham UK

#110859 - 08/17/01 10:11 AM Re: I tried the YAM psr 9000 for my prob.of levels
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Roland VA7s can do almost anything.
You can assign the chord recognition to: left, whole, right.
My VA7 has a special plug-in microphone (made for me by a friend technician) which identifies chords by their names. If I say "Cm7" the VA7 goes into a Cm7 chord. The only problem is that, for chords like "Cm7b5+9" I cannot shout the order fast enough for the chord change to take place in time (my fault, I know).

#110860 - 08/17/01 04:51 PM Re: I tried the YAM psr 9000 for my prob.of levels
Guardman2001 Offline

Loc: USA
Hey Dreamer. I hear there is a school for auctioneers in your area. Might help with some fast talking.

#110861 - 08/17/01 05:37 PM Re: I tried the YAM psr 9000 for my prob.of levels
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Korgy,
I may be speaking out of turn,since I don't own either one, but Uncle Dave has a PSR-9000 & 9000pro. He uses his left hand for the bass line. I've heard him say several times that any KB that he owned had to recognize chords made by the right hand.
To the right of the split.
they're much to expensive for me!
Have a nice day,
Nobby

------------------

#110862 - 08/17/01 07:39 PM Re: I tried the YAM psr 9000 for my prob.of levels
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Nobby,
You missed my point entirely! I NEVER use auto chords from the right side of the split. I need the harmonizer to recognize the chords (right handed). If I use the arranger, it's always left hand, but I play full chord patterns in the right anyway - just as if I were playing with a band.
I don't think the Yamaha can do a "right hand only" arranger trigger, but it does a great job in FULL kb mode.

#110863 - 08/17/01 09:10 PM Re: I tried the YAM psr 9000 for my prob.of levels
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Sorry Dave,
I stand corrected, I remember that's what you said now. You had to use another harmonizer,with your KB because the enternal one didn't recognize your righthand chords.

Dave I pray when they operate on your dad they get it all, & he has a full recovery. I'll be thinging of you & I'll keep your father in my prayers.
I agree with you a man in his 50's or older should be checked at leasted once a year for
polyps. I have had three removed myself! They were benine, but you never know!
Let us know how it goes!
All the Best,
Nobby

------------------

[This message has been edited by Nobby (edited 08-17-2001).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online