SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#109931 - 02/04/01 09:28 PM HELP! How do you SAVE edits to your Midi songs on the PSR9000
Dnj Offline

HELP! How do you SAVE edits to your Midi songs on the PSR9000

I have some Midis that need to be tweaked (volumes, sounds etc). I
would like to know how to SAVE the changes once they are made to the
songs to the hard drive.

thanx

donny

#109932 - 02/04/01 10:31 PM Re: HELP! How do you SAVE edits to your Midi songs on the PSR9000
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
donny,
this is what I don't like as well on Yamaha PSR9000 vs Solton X1 keyboards. In Yamaha, you can change the sounds while playing a midi file, but not save your changes. You have to load the song up in the sequencer and then make your changes as edits. then you can save them. As you are probably aware of from owning an X1, all you have to do is make the changes while playing a song and then stop and press save/enter and it's done. I have spoken to Yamaha about this. I believe they need to make a change in the operating system if they can to allow the ability to change easily the sounds and then store them.
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

#109933 - 02/04/01 10:39 PM Re: HELP! How do you SAVE edits to your Midi songs on the PSR9000
Dnj Offline

george,

thanx for the info,
Yes I remember that the X1 did save Midi edits easily.That was one of the things I enjoyed about the Solton X1. While your talking to Yamaha about this topic add on putting a Midi song "CHAIN" feature in their keyboards also :>)

Donny

#109934 - 02/05/01 07:43 AM Re: HELP! How do you SAVE edits to your Midi songs on the PSR9000
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Donny,
AS a workaround to the missing "chain" feature - try this:
Open a sequencer on your pc and "paste" a bunch of files back to back in the same song - this way you can run to the "little boy's room" and the keyboard will cover your butt!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online