SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#108194 - 05/05/05 06:55 PM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Andy is my Best Bud.Blue Collie/Chocolate Lab cross.

Goes everywhere except my gigs. Loves to ride in the truck.
Loves to run and swim at the beach.
We got him from a shelter when he was 11 months old. He had been abused by some kids on an indian reserve chasing him with dirt bikes and taking shots at him with pellet guns.
Makes you wonder sometimes what makes some people tick.
Andy is going to be 3 in November. Still has a lot on puppy in him. Man he loves to play. When we first brought him home, he was understandably a little apprehensive, so we just kept the veranda door open to the outside, and every few minutes he's stick his head in to check us out, we didn't want to rush him into trying to accept us. Long story short, after about three hours of this he must have finally realized that we weren't going to hurt him, he wandered in, and laid down at my feet. That night he slept beside us on a bed we made for him in our bedroom. He fit right into our lives beautifully. Every day, he walks up to the mailbox with me, and carries the mail home, we try to get as much play time with him every day as possible. Cathy & I lucked out when Andy came into our lives.

------------------
...shboom

[This message has been edited by shboom (edited 05-05-2005).]

#108195 - 05/05/05 07:50 PM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Dogs have always held a special place in my heart. When I lived in the country, we had a couple of horses, and a variety of dogs over the years from Grayhounds to German Shepherds.

My all time favorite was a black Lab. In his later years he contracted cancer of the groin and the vet said he would have to put him down...unless....he had a sex change.

I dug deep in my pocket and Alexander became Alexandria, living another happy 4 years. She never did learn to squat to pee. The result was always one wet leg.

Eddie

#108196 - 05/05/05 08:28 PM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Because Chico (SZ member: Chico Brazil) and I are BOTH Schnauzer dog fans, I just received today from him, a short 1 minute video clip taken of his handsome miniature Schnauzer "Sebastian" romping in the yard with another pup. I've taken the liberty to post the video clip (1 Megabyte file size) for EVERYONE here to enjoy. The file is in .asf format, and playable in "Windows Media Player" (or any other media player) which supports .asf video clip playback. Click on the following link:

Sebastian & Friend

Chico, many thank's for sharing.

Scott

#108197 - 05/06/05 02:14 PM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
pianodano Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Phil, I suppose you can figure out the answer by the pics! - Scott

African Grey Parrot: 'Alexander the Grey-t!':

Miniature Schnauzer (twins?): Siegfried & Roy:

Scott, Your boys sure resemble my Lasa

Danny

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online