SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#108184 - 05/03/05 11:53 PM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
My 16 year old maltese had to be put to sleep Sunday night. His little heart had worn out. He's being missed terribly.

My deepest condolences go out to you in the lost of your dear pet & friend of 16 years. It really doesn't seem fair that dogs & cats have such relatively short lifespans compared to us. It's a paradox to know that my dogs will live for 16-18 years, but my African Grey Parrot (Alexander) may possibly outlive me. I learned there was an African Grey at the London Zoo that lived over 100 years.

Scott

#108185 - 05/04/05 12:57 AM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
StPatrick Offline

Loc: Bentonville, VA USA
I love all animals and kids, except cats make me sneeze and my dog ate my ex-fiance's couch. Hmm.. maybe that explains why I'm single again...

#108186 - 05/04/05 03:33 PM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Nigel,
thank you Nigel,
what a wonderful photo. One doesn't realize that a dog and a bird can actually get on together.
I remember the first time I felt 100%comfortable that the dog wouldn't hurt the bird. I'd only had the bird for about 4 months. I'd left the room to answer the front door, accidently leaving the bird sitting on top of his cage, the dog snoozing in his basket. Came back in some 15 minutes later, both were sitting next to each other, at the door , staring up, patiently waiting for me to rejoin them. It was so cute ( but scarry thinking of what could have happened).

Hi Scott,
thank you.
It is amazing how some of the large exotic parrots can outlive humans. I think the sulphur crested cockatoo's can also live to about 100 years. A couple of the one's that used to fly in every season for a visit ( they were only after food I know haa haa, but I liked to fool myself they were visiting me), they looked every bit of 100+, I always made sure they got fed first.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nigel:
[B]That is so sad Rikki. I know how bad you must be feeling. But you must console yourself by thinking about what a great life you provided for him.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#108187 - 05/04/05 07:54 PM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
The Accordionist Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
All is well and fine, Tommy, but now it's YOUR turn to tell us if you are a cat or a dog person!

Hah hah Andrea! You got me!

Okay, been a dog person my whole life. Used to live out on a ranch near a major two-lane highway (oxymoron?) and used to lose a pet per year. It was horrible but really shaped me for the hardships of life. The really smart dogs could live to 15 years but a lot of the really fun young dogs would get hit by cars by two years old. My parents didn't believe in caging animals and thought that two years running through the fields chasing rabbits was worth 15 of sitting in a pen.

Well, now I live in lovely Los Angeles with a postage stamp-sized yard and we only have a cat. His name is Sebastian and he's 15 and starting to go downhill which is sad.

Our one-year old son seems to have replaced a lot of the time we spent with out cat and we're really glad we have both of them!

Take care and thank you for asking.

Tommy

#108188 - 05/04/05 09:38 PM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
what a wonderful photo. One doesn't realize that a dog and a bird can actually get on together.

Bro was a very special dog. You can see him as a puppy at http://www.cutepuppy.com plus pics of Ollie my cocker spaniel who saved my life 5 years ago when I had a brain aneurysm at home. Ollie made a big fuss so people found me having seizures and called 911. I owe my life to my pets so I love them more than anyone can imagine.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 05-05-2005).]

#108189 - 05/05/05 03:43 AM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Man, could he jump! Nigel, was that one an australian beach?

#108190 - 05/05/05 04:54 AM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:

Thankfully, the formatation of the SZ bar has more or less eliminated those kind of postings here. On the other hand, occasional OT threads here which attract & include the interest of the membership at large offers a refreshing respite from arranger keyboard discussion, especially during times when arranger keyboard news is at a lull & certainly a lot more fun than all the in-fighting among the membership which seems to always insue whenever interesting keyboard news is at a low.

Scott

DITTO !!!

By the way I´m a dog person. I have a Dushound with three years old, called Luna.
She is the best thing that happened lately for my family.

Cheers.
Armando

#108191 - 05/05/05 05:46 AM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I've always favored dogs over cats, although here in Rhode Island we've had a couple of cats to help keep the field mice away ... We named one cat 'Bates' because he was a real PSYCHO !!! ... he would sit on the rafters in the garage and pounce on the hood of the car as we drove in ... the first time he did it he scared the hell out of me and I almost went through the back wall!!!
The best pet we've ever had was a full blooded Golden Retriever named 'Zeke' ... He got along well with any of the cats we had, but especially Bates ... I have photos (somewhere) of the 2 of them laying down together with their heads sticking out of Zeke's doghouse ...
t.

#108192 - 05/05/05 08:16 AM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
I've always favored dogs over cats, although here in Rhode Island we've had a couple of cats to help keep the field mice away ... We named one cat 'Bates' because he was a real PSYCHO !!! ... he would sit on the rafters in the garage and pounce on the hood of the car as we drove in ... the first time he did it he scared the hell out of me and I almost went through the back wall!!!

Gosh, Tony! I LOVE when cats climb on my car and leave all those nice marks with their nails...

#108193 - 05/05/05 03:17 PM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Nigel,
what a gorgeous puppy photo. I adore puppies & kittens. He sounds like one amazing dog.
Just made me realize, the younger generation hand their babies to my husband to cuddle, me they hand their pets. ??? (haa haa)

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nigel:
[b] Bro was a very special dog.

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 05-05-2005).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online