SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#108174 - 04/29/05 11:36 AM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Me, a weird sense of humor?? Never!
However, other than the cooking part, the coyotes ARE hard on the cat population.
I actually grew up in Oklahoma in a small town where you could hear them at night. You are right, they sound very close. Their voices can carry for miles with the wind.
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 04-29-2005).]

#108175 - 04/29/05 07:01 PM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi AJ,
I used to have about 30 sulphur crested cockatoo's fly in for dinner. They were so funny. I used to put out 30 little piles of seed in a row along the pathway, one for each as they're not too fond of sharing, One little guy would decided the guy next to him had a bigger pile, so he'd take it over, so you'd get this line of birds shuffling along to the next pile of seeds with the one at the end madly running round trying to find a pile of his own. A bit like musical chairs.
Fortunately they were only seasonal, but some of them came every year and were quite friendly, to the extent you could actually hand feed them bread.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#108176 - 04/29/05 07:22 PM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
The Accordionist Offline

You know, I learned something very valuable from this thread.

I honestly started it as a joke. With all of the ill-will and bad feelings associated with the subject of off-topic posts, I decided as a joke to pick an absurd topic and put it on the Arranger Forum, not the Bar, as a joke.

I noticed after the first reply that I included "hah hah" but not the words "just kidding". I totally meant to! I didn't expect any response other than joke responses such as "very funny" or "you got me. I was really ticked off about that subject line!"

Well, guess what? I REALLY enjoyed the responses. I loved seeing Scott's birds and dogs, and I learned that Andrea loves animals and everybody here has some type of pet. My dad always used to say if a person hates animals he probably hates people too. Well, it's probably true.

So I learned a valuable lesson. While I didn't chime in about the OT posts, I personally felt that they were not important and a pain in the neck. Then I saw the responses to an innocuous post such as the cats and dogs post and it brought me that much closer to people that I have been conversing with for the past two years.

It made me really happy.

Thanks for teaching this sarcastic bastard a lesson.

Tommy

#108177 - 04/29/05 09:34 PM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Tommy. I think 'I've' learned from your thread too. OT threads with BROAD membership APPEAL attract more interest. Pets are a perfect example as they've been a universal pastime & appeal to people all around the world since the dawn of time, whether you're an arranger keyboard enthusiast or not.

It was those OT postings threads directed ONLY to a specific/limited group of individual(s) which used to UPSET me. Those should have been delivered via private email. Thankfully, the formatation of the SZ bar has more or less eliminated those kind of postings here. On the other hand, occasional OT threads here which attract & include the interest of the membership at large offers a refreshing respite from arranger keyboard discussion, especially during times when arranger keyboard news is at a lull & certainly a lot more fun than all the in-fighting among the membership which seems to always insue whenever interesting keyboard news is at a low.

Scott

#108178 - 04/30/05 12:03 AM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
All is well and fine, Tommy, but now it's YOUR turn to tell us if you are a cat or a dog person!

#108179 - 05/03/05 04:44 PM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
G Angel Offline

Loc: Ooltewah, Tn.
I have a cat for five years now worth about $5,000,000.00 to me LOL.
As the other member sed I prefer animals in preference to people. They always are loyal and are great friends, never cheat you and always fit themselves around what you are doing.

#108180 - 05/03/05 05:04 PM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
I'll tell ya, this forum is going to the dogs!

BTW, don't they eat dogs in China? Hey Scott, wadaya know about that? How 'bout cats?

#108181 - 05/03/05 09:49 PM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by The Accordionist:
It made me really happy.

Thanks for teaching this sarcastic bastard a lesson.

Tommy

Hey Tommy. This is exactly why I don't have a big problem with having some OT posts. We all learn something about eachother in threads like this and that is a very good thing. There is no way I would want to censor a post like this.

And I love dogs, cats and birds. Like music they make life a wonderful thing. Ollie my little cocker spaniel accompanied my wife and myself last year on the trip to San Jose for the West Coast Synth Zone get together. He got to meet BEBOP's dog Rocky and Eric and Claudia's dog Sunny up there.

Here you can see Ollie and Sunny while Scott Yee and I fool around playing Browneyed Girl.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 05-03-2005).]

#108182 - 05/03/05 10:23 PM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
sadly since writing this post, I've now lost the last of my 3 furrie friends. My 16 year old maltese had to be put to sleep Sunday night. His little heart had worn out. He's being missed terribly.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi,
basically a dog person. Lost my 18year old cat & 12 year old female Maltese dog a couple of years ago, still have my 16 year old male Maltese but unfortunately he's got a bad heart & going downhill rapidly which is very distressing.

Joy in my life at the moment is a little hand reared parrot "Quarrian/Cockateil", real little character, who thinks he's human.
Chatters away all day ( he's very musical too, he can whistle in tune, I can't)). Loves to perch on me ( or anyone else who visits). On the odd occasion when he jumps to the floor, he usually makes a beeline for the poor old sleeping dog. He loves tugging at his fur. Most patient dog I've ever seen in my life.
Life just wouldn't be the same without a furry or feathered friend.
best wishes
Rikki

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 05-03-2005).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#108183 - 05/03/05 10:42 PM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
That is so sad Rikki. I know how bad you must be feeling. But you must console yourself by thinking about what a great life you provided for him.

Here is a picture of Bro our last dog, an Australian Blue Heeler back in Melbourne who just loved our budgie Girlie and Boofa the Love Bird and would let them tug on his fur.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online