SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#108154 - 04/28/05 10:44 AM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Yeah, that's a great idea, Dreamer! How do we get them on here? I don't see an "add picture" button anywhere.

#108155 - 04/28/05 12:42 PM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I'm a bird person too Scott. One African Grey, One Greater Sulphur`Crested Cockatoo, and one Orange Wing Amazon. All great birds with unique personalities. The "grey" is definitely the friendliest of the three.. maybe a little atypical since greys can often be standoffish.

I also have a chow chow. Considered by some to be among the fiercest and maybe even dangerous dogs. The reason I have her? Also very atypical... she might hurt a burglar.. only if the intruder tripped over her while she's sleeping. She's almost 10 yrs old now, and I still have no idea if she even has a clue about how to growl at someone or scare them, let alone bite... instead she has a personality typically seen in a lab or golden retriever..

Cats are cool too. Just don't need more pets right about now.

AJ

#108156 - 04/28/05 12:52 PM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by renig:
Yeah, that's a great idea, Dreamer! How do we get them on here? I don't see an "add picture" button anywhere.

Renig, to post a picture here you should first upload it on another website where you have access and also room for storage. Then you could post here a link to the original picture. This is what Scott did.

#108157 - 04/28/05 04:45 PM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I have one big dog named "mason", who looks like "Scubby Doo" who is part Rodesian Ridgeback and Shepherd and two cats named "smudge" and "annie". Smudge is a longhaired grey cat who is scared to death of my dog and annie was a stray we found and she torments the dog.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#108158 - 04/28/05 05:34 PM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Cap Russ: cool to discover we both have the same great taste in pets. Bluezplayer, with your impressive flock, you definitely ARE one bird devotee. I used to have a Blue & Gold Macaw & Lesser Sulfer Crested Cockatoo as well, but the jeoulousy that developed between my Grey (which I purchased first) and the others resulted in having to find the Macaw & Cockatoo a new home, which luckily is an owner who lives in Colorado on a 10 acre ranch. My birds were all hand-fed from babies so I admit it was difficult to let the Macaw & Cockatoo go. Captain Russ, Bluezplayer, and other pet owners here, if you send pics of your pets to me, I'll gladly upload them to my site & post them here if you'd like. - Scott

#108159 - 04/28/05 08:43 PM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
basically a dog person. Lost my 18year old cat & 12 year old female Maltese dog a couple of years ago, still have my 16 year old male Maltese but unfortunately he's got a bad heart & going downhill rapidly which is very distressing.

Joy in my life at the moment is a little hand reared parrot "Quarrian/Cockateil", real little character, who thinks he's human.
Chatters away all day ( he's very musical too, he can whistle in tune, I can't)). Loves to perch on me ( or anyone else who visits). On the odd occasion when he jumps to the floor, he usually makes a beeline for the poor old sleeping dog. He loves tugging at his fur. Most patient dog I've ever seen in my life.
Life just wouldn't be the same without a furry or feathered friend.
best wishes
Rikki

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 05-03-2005).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#108160 - 04/28/05 09:06 PM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
We've got 4 cat's. A tabby named Lucy, 2 Persians named Boo-Boo and Fuzzy and a tabby siamese mix named Squeeker. We just got a pure breed chihuahua. Haven't thought of a name yet. (Don't tell the landlord)haha.

After the initial cat's shock of a new "creature" in the house and a little pecking order established, like a couple of bat's on the head of the puppy, it turn's out that Lucy and Fuzzy have adopted the puppy. Lucy never had kittens so I think its her parenting instinct coming out. Fuzzy, the only male in the house seems to like the puppy too, because the puppy accepts him, unlike the 3 female cat's who keep batting him away for some reason.haha

I prefer retrievers the best. My family used to raise Chesapeake Bay Retrievers and I grew up with some of them and a great Golden Retriever named "Bloopert". What a great dog that was!!

The Chesapeake Bay that we had when I was a baby, who's name was Major, used to protect me like I was her own cub, and used to get in between me and my mom and would growl when she was trying to tie my shoes. Funny how this OT thread brought back some good old memories for me. Loved those darn dog's.

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 04-28-2005).]

#108161 - 04/29/05 12:44 AM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Scott,

My grey isn't overly fond of my other 2 either.. but the amazon and cockatoo are virtually inseperable. I've never seen two birds of different species that are so close to one another. I'll take you up on the pic thing.. thank.. Will send 'em later today.

AJ

#108162 - 04/29/05 04:17 AM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
Tom NL Offline

Loc: Holland
Hi fellow Synthzonians...

I've not posted for quite a few weeks. I just didn't have the time because of a few big projects at work. But I have been reading your posts whenever I had the time. Things are more on smooth waters now so I hope to participate again on this great forum.

Now off-topic posts suddenly re-appear in the General Arranger forum, presumably as a reaction of some members to the discussions of what should and what should not be "allowed" to be posted, I realise that I really missed these more personal and often OT postings.

I think it is postings like these that are a big part of the charm of this place. Since The Bar is created and a lot of members suddenly became very alert for any off-topic postings or remarks, this place is not as much fun anymore. Please let's not forget the "social aspect" of interacting with each other and make it one forum again without frenetically (is that the proper word?) trying to seperate things.

Oh well, and I am a cat-person! :-)

------------------
Tom NL

[This message has been edited by Tom NL (edited 04-29-2005).]

#108163 - 04/29/05 05:09 AM Re: Are you a cat or a dog person?
Wazza Offline

Loc: Sonnega, Friesland, The Nether...
I'm a dog person, but I love cats too.

We have 5 dogs, 4 Shetland Sheepdogs (shelties), and one Collie.

Pics:

This is our oldest dog, Maroussia, an 8-year old Collie.
Roussia loves fetching tennisballs, but usually she's kinda stoned. (ecxept when we are playing fetch).

This is Kelly, a 7 year old Shelie (Shetland Sheepdog), Kelly is usually very distant, she doesnt like to come near to unkown people, and doesnt want alot of attention.

This is Bonita, she's 3 years old, a daughter of Kelly, Bonita loves to be petted, but doent like to sit on your lap, Bonita also loves to do agility, and shes quite good at it.
She's also very nervous, gets stresed easily.

This Maeglin, but we pretty much always call her Meg, We've imported Maeglin from the UK, when she was almost a year old (She's 2,5 now).
We use Maeglin for shows a lot, she's even made it to be a Dutch champion.

This is our youngest dog (a daughter of Bonita), a few months younger than Maeglin, Fardau loves to sit/lie on someone's lap pretty much all day, Fardau always wants attention and to be petted.

So these are our pets .

Greetz ,
Marcel

[This message has been edited by Wazza (edited 04-29-2005).]

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online