SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 19 of 26 < 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 25 26 >
Topic Options
#107737 - 08/28/06 10:56 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Quote:
Fran wrote:
When there is an attack on each note, as there is in your trumpet playing, it comes off as sounding less realistic.

That's what drives me crazy about the sweet! soprano sax. Each note stands for itself, no legato, broken melody.

SA voices is what should become standard for woodwind and brass voices.

Quote:
Rikki wrote:
Maybe when hubby hears the price ifference between the 2 , he may make the desicion for me haa haa.

I've always enjoyed your sense of humour.

Regards,

George

#107738 - 08/29/06 01:40 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi George,
if you have as much musical talent as I have
(my case ZERO ) & you'd spent all the money on keyboards I have over the years, you'd have to develop a good sense of humour
haa haa ( or cry ) . I think I prefer to laugh.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by George V:

Quote:
Rikki wrote:
Maybe when hubby hears the price difference between the T2 , he may make the desicion for me haa haa.

I've always enjoyed your sense of humour.

Regards,

George

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#107739 - 08/29/06 01:49 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I sold both Tyros 1 keyboards I owned. I now have a Tyros 2 –There is a difference, this one I will not sell.

There’s no you is a nice recording, at least the trumpet part, but it is not a good song to use to judge a keyboard. There is not much happening, the tempo and the instruments are just kinda there, no more.

Years ago we gave a name to this kind of music; “Music to jump off a roof by”. Aaaaaah

This is the second time I have posted this opinion;

If you have tried a keyboard or owned it for less than 60 days you do not know the keyboard. This does not apply if you are stepping up from a similar keyboard.
Psr3000 to a Tyros 1.
Tyros 1 to a Tyros 2.

Every major keyboard can do a great job if it is used as it was designed to be used, and not like you used your last keyboard. When I stopped trying to use my Tyros 2 the way I used my KN7000 I began to appreciate and love my Tyros 2, it’s fantastic.

IMHO, John C.

#107740 - 08/29/06 02:15 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Very nice style but IMO the trumpet and sax sounds don't compare to the ones on a T2 and the T2's SA trumpet and alto sax don't even come close to the sampled ones loaded in on my T2.
Thanks for sharing the song, enjoyed it.

#107741 - 08/29/06 03:07 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
The Tyros 2 multipads now use mega voice. The Tyros 2 guitars,sax,trumpets,brass,accordion sound way better than the Tyros1 or PSR3000. The Tyros2 offers an INCREDIBLE quantity of sweet live cool sounds compared to T1 and PSR3000. Thd T2 styles sound more lively and have more punch is is MUCH better than T1. I would like to hear a soprano sax comparison between the Tyros2 and G70

#107742 - 08/29/06 03:55 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
nielshs Offline

Hi Craig

For the first time I agree with you.

#107743 - 08/29/06 04:16 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
Very nice style but IMO the trumpet and sax sounds don't compare to the ones on a T2 and the T2's SA trumpet and alto sax don't even come close to the sampled ones loaded in on my T2.

Craig instead of talking why dont YOU post some of your sampled sounds so we can judge for ourselves how they sound when played on the T2 within a song....I'm not convinced at all .....
I still believe that any KB will not over ride the talent in the person playing it.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-29-2006).]

#107744 - 08/29/06 04:39 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Hello Nielshs I've missed you and wondered when you'd resurface on SZ Let's hope things stay civilised this time around.

Donny I've already posted a sampled alto sax being used previously on the Hero song and that sound was very well received on Synthzone. I had quite a few e-mails and people asking me on Skype where they could get it from. Also on that song I used my own piano and guitar edits (not samples) and a style tweaked by myself. Unfortunately I don't share any of the samples I've got or have done with anyone.
As for the other samples, I may decide to post another song using them but quite frankly I've been posting my songs elsewhere since all the hassle started on here.
I have sent 'Break Free' by Queen out to a few friends on Skype. I'll think about posting it for SZ users to hear. No samples on that just my edited internal sounds using the PC voice editor.
Quite frankly any of the T2 owners using sampled WAV sounds already know that they sound excellent, so posting a song using them would only convince the likes of yourself m8.

Maybe you could post one of your performances done with your 3k when you have time?, I'd love to hear what you are currently doing.

#107745 - 08/29/06 04:56 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Dnj Offline

craig .... your post says it all

#107746 - 08/29/06 03:37 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Mike,
First, let me say that I like the style used for this tune ...

Is the piano imbedded in the style or is that you playing?

I really didn't care for the sax sounds... was that 2 or 3 saxes playing in unison?

Mike I do appreciate you submitting this for us to hear....

t.

No Style was used Tony. It is a multi-tracked song made exclusively using the Tyros' onboard sequencer. The Sax you hear is actually the Tyros' SaxyMood voice. The SaxyMood voice includes not only a Sax but also a Trumpet AND a Clarinet sound in it. It is one of the Tyros' "layered voice[s] within a voice". The other voices in the song are the Sweet! Flugel Horn, the Live! Grand Piano, the panel Acoustic Bass, and the 'standard' Brush Kit.

Ian, I'm sorry. I thought you owned a Tyros2 already and gave your "light years ahead" claim based on that presumption.

Hey everybody! If you all have the money and don't need more than 61 keys then I "highly" recommend you get a Tyros 2. In fact, you can't really even find a 'new' Tyros for sale online anymore. All the online retailers that I've been to have made the switch to the Tyros 2. The only place you can find a Tyros is at Guitar Center and possibly from George Kaye or DanO but Guitar Center has bumped the price back up to $2,999 from $2,495 when the T2 was first introduced. So it would make sense to spend the extra $600 or so to get the T2. The Hard Disk recording feature, slightly firmer keybed, SAV's and extra Sweet!, Live!, and Cool! voices are worth the additional cost in my opinion. I personally don't like the pointed design of the Tyros2 and a few other anomalies, but the stealth bomber look might not be a big factor to most people and they will be getting the latest advancements in Arranger technology. And apparently the 'pointed design' is not a factor to most because the Tyros 2 is selling quite well and is the #1 selling high-end Arranger on the market from what I understand.

But the 'allusion' to the "light years ahead" comment is unfounded and I would have to simply call it for what it is: an "illusion".

Best regards,
Mike

PS: Fran, I would love to hear an instrumental piece from your G1000 using the onboard sounds alone with no external software sequencing and no imported sounds. Talk is fine and dandy my friend but you need to walk the walk also. Then and only then can we judge the content accordingly, and your words (if true) can be backed up.

And I also extend that offer to any of our other members who own a T2, Pa1X/PRO, G-80, etc. Talk is cheap. Anybody can say anything they want to. But backing up your words with "proof" is where the rubber meets the road, no? So let's hear it. I'm waiting......

Also, and I cannot stress this enough, anyone that listens to the song I posted should do so on a decent sound system with decent speakers otherwise you cannot really hear the intended sounds as they are meant to be heard. In other words, listening to it on cheap (no offense) PC speakers will not do the song justice. You need a good GM sound card like a Sound Blaster Live!/Audigy, etc. and quality PC speakers, or better yet a good quality external sound system.

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 08-29-2006).]

Page 19 of 26 < 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 25 26 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online