SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#106156 - 12/14/01 03:31 PM Re: Pa-80 close-out
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
John Smies,

Right on the money ...Couldn't have said it better myself if I tried, especially now that I have both boards. In a way, getting the 2000 inspired me to go back and work a little more to better understand and be able to use the rest of the features on the PA80 that maybe I wasn't as familiar with before, and in doing so and practicing as you said, I now find it to be just as easy to navigate as any Yamaha board I've ever had. The 2000 is still a good board for the price, but the PA80 is just so much more for me.

AJ

#106157 - 12/14/01 08:51 PM Re: Pa-80 close-out
Guardman2001 Offline

Loc: USA
Hey Tom, I have to defend my PA80. Yes, there are some on Ebay, but they don't sell them below $1500.00. I happen to have a PA80, X1, KN6500, Psr740 & Psr2000 and I seem to be using the PA80 a lot lately, though I have to say, it isn't the easiest to navigate. I am not too happy with the fills, but get around it by subing w/ the intro's & endings and I do like being able to break w/ just hitting the keys harder. I think the PA, is just in a learning curve.

#106158 - 12/15/01 12:19 AM Re: Pa-80 close-out
*Messenger* Offline

Loc: Sweden/Malmo
HI ALL...
first i wanna say that the pa80 is a good sounding KB.But the features is not so good like sampling.yes you can load Triton sounds but you cant load multi samples in sample memory.Like Akai/Kurzweil/Roland or KORG Cd roms.There is no USB/Digital in out.Its 2002 right???
We all waited 3.00 & from the begining they said it would be able to load multi samples.
no!!!it can only sample drum kit samples to drum kit sesion.I hope there will be a new 3.05 out soon there we can load multi samples.I would be heapy if someone could say i,m wrong.Is there any one.(Planing to by a 80 anyway!!!
I also hpe that you guys out there can look at the WK 8 SE From GEM.Not so good sounds but you can sample(Stereo) SCSI, VHarm, Translate samples, Edit sounds & Styles,Drumkits,Ewen the oriental, ( You Can,t do that on Pro/Psr 9000 series!!!), Just look at the Functions on WK???The futures is just the best on a KB ever.The KORG & others must buy a Gem and learn from chader.By the way where is the mem card,s to pa 80???You can,t find them on other electronic stores.Korg may be wanna make even moore mony by selling self???
Hapy New Year all out there.
Timor Sakka Global Music Sweden....
Sory My ENG.....

[This message has been edited by *Messenger* (edited 12-15-2001).]

[This message has been edited by *Messenger* (edited 12-15-2001).]

#106159 - 12/15/01 01:35 AM Re: Pa-80 close-out
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Messenger,

On the subject of loading multisamples into the Korg PA-80, this can be done but you need to have a flashcard installed. The problem is that, as you more or less stated, this flashcard is hard to come by, apparently Korg have used a somewhat outdated type of memorycard here, and what's more the price (at least here in Holland) is a staggering $ 320.= !!! which is way over the top of course. I have recently emailed the KORG people in Italy who are coordinating the whole PA-80 business and asked for an explanation.
So yes, you can meanwhile load multisamples, but .....at a price.
I wonder if George Kay could inform us about the situation in the States considering the price of these flashcards....???????

greetings,
john.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online