SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#105386 - 09/08/04 10:20 AM Re: ?PSR3000
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Maybe Scott Yee or TomTom can help out on the registration issue.

I was told that on the Tyros the LH voice is saved with the style and not the registration. I will check it out once more when I get home. Here is what I do:

I set RH 1, 2, 3 for the voices I want.
I set LH for the voice I want.
I press memory.
I press one of the eight registration buttons.
The keyboard says it is saving do not turn off.
I press a OTS preset then I go back to the registration buttion I just saved and RH 1, 2, 3 are there but LH is gone.

I do not have freeze on.

Where am I making my mistake?

Could I be using an older version of the operating system?

On the Tyros main screen the tempo and transpose are already displayed.

Why have a pop-up tempo screen display for minor on the fly adjustments when it is already being displayed?

It necessitates the extra press of the exit button. I have enough to do while I'm performing.

On the Ketron X1 if I start a song using sync-start when I am done playing, sync-start is ready for the next tune. If I turn sync-start off it will not be ready for the next tune.

I really do like my Tyros but it could be set-up better. Most of the styles are too loud, many of the solo voices default to value 100 which many times is too soft especially when the styles default to value 100. Some of the organ voices are overpowering. I wish touch response was available for the organ voices (it is on the X1). This gives the player more control over the balance of the instrument. I know you are going to say that real organs do not have touch response. I know that I have been playing organs for 40 years. It is still a nice feature. I think some of the XG organs do have touch response. Why include it on the XG voices and exclude on the panel voices?

It seems like Yamaha has quality musicians design the styles, OTS, and voices, and then has someone who is hard of hearing (maybe an old drummer) set the default balance levels. This is not just my observation about Yamaha arrangers that are right out of the box. I have heard this from others on the forum here. Yes, all this can be tweeked but why do we have to?

Tom

[This message has been edited by Tom Cavanaugh (edited 09-08-2004).]

Tom

#105387 - 09/08/04 12:08 PM Re: ?PSR3000
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Boo,
If you miss me ..... just call ! I'm here, and usually not too busy from about 1AM till 6:30AM .... we can chew the fat then, but you can keep that poison juice for your self - yuk, no thanx !

#105388 - 09/10/04 12:04 PM Re: ?PSR3000
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I went home and tried the procedure I explained in the post above and the registration does not save the LH voice.

Yamaha Customer Support you left your phone number on your post. Can I call that number for assistance?

Tom

Tom

#105389 - 09/10/04 02:25 PM Re: ?PSR3000
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Tom,
Check your OS, then check Yamaha to see if it's the latest version. I did upgrade mine after I got it from the Uncle. I would tell you but my kb's not here.
DonM

#105390 - 09/10/04 02:57 PM Re: ?PSR3000
Beakybird Offline

Tom,

Is STYLE one of the parameters you have checked when you press MEMORY? If not, then the left voice will not save.

Beakybird

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online