SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#105376 - 09/07/04 04:20 PM ?PSR3000
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Is there anyway to set the sync start butto to stay on? Or, do you just have to push it every time you start a new tune? I couldn't find anything in the manual at the store today.

Also, how do you set the main for full keyboard? No button on the board anywhere.

What else do you have to go through the screen that doesn't have a button like most other keyboards?

#105377 - 09/07/04 04:23 PM Re: ?PSR3000
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
[QUOTE]Originally posted by brickboo:
[B]Is there anyway to set the sync start butto to stay on? Or, do you just have to push it every time you start a new tune?
On/off status can be saved in registration.

Also, how do you set the main for full keyboard? No button on the board anywhere.
Just turn off the ACC. button and select a right hand voice.

What else do you have to go through the screen that doesn't have a button like most other keyboards?
Vocal harmonizer on/off and settings is the big one.
DonM

#105378 - 09/07/04 08:18 PM Re: ?PSR3000
brickboo Offline

So Don, when you turn off the acc and choose an instrument for full keyboard sound does the auto acc play? I'm confused!

Also the sync start has to be saved for every different style, arrangement or whatever? Or does it stay on for every style after you set it in registration one time?
Thanks

#105379 - 09/07/04 09:03 PM Re: ?PSR3000
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Boo,

You sly devil--you bought a 3000 didn't you

I believe what you are trying to do is play the accompianament as well as the individual voice over the entire range of the keyboard.

Press the function button, then select fingering, then select full keyboard. Now select the voice you intend to use, your left hand will play the chords and that instrument and you can add to them with your right hand.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#105380 - 09/07/04 10:16 PM Re: ?PSR3000
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Boo. Does this mean your beloved Korg i30 has gone ?.

#105381 - 09/08/04 05:16 AM Re: ?PSR3000
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Boo,

Two of the things that drive me nuts about my Tyros and I'm sure the 3000 is the same are the syncro button goes off after each song and the LH voice will not save in a registration. Also there is no saving a power on setup and if you change tempo the tempo screen never goes away by itself it should be on a timer. I could do all those things on my X1. Steve Demming are you listening?

Tom

#105382 - 09/08/04 06:33 AM Re: ?PSR3000
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Tom,
A slight behavioral modification will aid you greatly. Get used to hitting the "Exit" button after each adjustment of any other function. It'll become second nature afetr a while and you wonl;t have to worry about seeing the screen from a previous entry.

Gary,
in full kb mode - LH chords will sound muddy. It's better to use a split KB if you're going to play chords with the left hand.

Boo,
What are you thinking here? Smaller, lighter?? What's the attraction?
If you want to play straight piano(both hands) to a midi file .... just turn off the acc button. It'll be off anyway during file playback, right?

#105383 - 09/08/04 08:03 AM Re: ?PSR3000
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Tom,
Left-hand voice definitely saves to registration on my Tyros.
Also, the tempo screen goes away automatically when you touch any other control, such a fill, intro button, etc.
DonM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
Boo,

Two of the things that drive me nuts about my Tyros and I'm sure the 3000 is the same are the syncro button goes off after each song and the LH voice will not save in a registration. Also there is no saving a power on setup and if you change tempo the tempo screen never goes away by itself it should be on a timer. I could do all those things on my X1. Steve Demming are you listening?

#105384 - 09/08/04 08:34 AM Re: ?PSR3000
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:

the syncro button goes off after each song and the LH voice will not save in a registration. Also there is no saving a power on setup and if you change tempo the tempo screen never goes away by itself it should be on a timer.

The Left Voice does save with registration, but it's grouped in with the Style Freeze Group, so if you have the Style Freeze on, the Left Voice freezes too. One other behavior mod that might help, when I'm not using the Ending, I use the Sync Start button to stop the accompaniment so that I'm ready to start the next tune. We'll passing along your comments, but tell me, on the X1 do you have a choice of whether or not the Sync Start comes on at the end of a song?

------------------
Yamaha Customer Support
YCASupport@yamaha.com

#105385 - 09/08/04 09:31 AM Re: ?PSR3000
brickboo Offline

I was fooling with the 3000 at the store yesterday.

The i30 sync start button is on at start up and stays on if I do not turn it off by pushing the sync start button

My i30 screen only stays on for style selection or instrument selection if I choose to lock it on the particular screen. I thought all screens on arrangers worked like this?

I usually choose styles and instruments from the buttons. I have all of that information at the top of my lyric sheet. When I flip the page for another tune, I push one or two buttons, occasionally three buttons to select the style. I play this way 90% of the time other than when I’m playing my Tenor to sequences or midi files.

The i30 has a keyboard set function to save setting. I assume it is similar to the registration function on other boards. I choose main and sub instruments among other things like ensemble, full keyboard, octave and such and assign it a number. I thought all of this was standard on arrangers.

Also using a laptop and having to scroll the screen wouldn’t work for me because I also have the chords typed above the lyrics where the changes are when I‘m doing vocals. If I don’t write the changes above the lyrics to “I’ve got you under my skin“, “Darn that dream“ and tons of other tunes I’ll play wrong chords and sound like an amateur to real musicians. I use many chords, some tunes I know all the chords to and others I need reminders.

With the i30, I play full keyboard 90% of the time in Acc mode and also can switch back and forth between the main and sub keyboard with no problem, and it does not sound muddy. It sounds the same as if I was using the split with left-handed chords.

Most of the time I use piano for the main and jazz guitar on the sub and I comp with the piano and then play a solo with the jazz guitar. Some times I use the jazz guitar for comping with the left hand and play some licks with the right hand between phrases and turn-arounds etc.

My Australia buddies told me 3 years ago that the i30 was years ahead of other boards in features, and the more I investigate other arrangers, it looks like they were right.

The i30 is probably eons ahead in the sequencing mode while using the Acc feature at the same time. I don’t even look at the sequencers on other boards anymore.

I don't care about the sax sounds on the Korg, I don’t have to, I play sax. The piano I heard yesterday on the 3000 and other boards at the store don't sound any better than my Korg piano to me.

What I like is that they are all in tune. That’s the important part. Every acoustic piano in my buddy's store sounds different from one to another. So what!

Tom, on the i30 there is no tempo screen. There’s just the main Acc screen with the tempo number on the screen along with the arrangement name, the icon to set the split and many other options. I just touch the tempo number, it highlights then I use the + or - buttons or I use the wheel to change or set the tempo.

It looks like when you do something with the PSR boards you need to go to a different screen and it stays on until you do something else.

The Korg i30 has a main screen that with the touch feature you can do just about everything quickly.

I think the main reason many people didn't keep the i30 long enough to realize all of the futuristic features, is because of the sax sounds I hardly ever use the sax sounds. Anyone have a good i30 for sale.

The Pax, PAX1 or whatever has great sounds, but I can’t figure out the get-a-around part for setting full keyboard etc. The one at the store has drums under drums and bass under bass but all of the other Acc parts are on the perc slider. All of the other acc parts are dead. If you turn the sliders off under drums perc and bass, nothing plays. No sound, no other parts. It's a mystery! Ha! Ha!

I still have things to learn on the i30. Hope I can get another sometime. I’m not sure I want to start learning all over again. I’m too darned old. I'd lose all of my sequences for sax playing etc.

This business is as frustrating as the brick business. Maybe I'll try hanging wall paper, or the siding business, or just go fishing, if I had some of that kickapoo stuff Gary has.

Boy! if this doesn't get Dave's goat, I'm giving up. I think between the forum folks and the arrangers themselves, we're wearing ole Dave out. Maybe he needs some of that kickapoo stuff too.

[This message has been edited by brickboo (edited 09-08-2004).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online