SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#104867 - 10/20/04 10:41 PM Re: How often do you gig?
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I moved 1 1/2 years ago to Phoenix Arizona, and NOW I am getting between 6 to 14 jobs ( depending of the month).
Is very hard to get in to the circle of the Tea dances and Ballroom dances because they (Community Centers)book even with 2 to 5 years ahead.......so far I have been doing better as time goes on, I also started doing retirement and assisted living community entertainment and also is going fine.
The great part, no longer late gigs....and like Scott said.....Healthy living !!.

------------------
mdorantes

#104868 - 10/21/04 03:41 AM Re: How often do you gig?
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
I'm a weekend music player hobbist gigging mainly on saturdays, sometimes on fridays, and occasionally (rarely) from Monday to Thursdays. Schedule varies along the year, but a lot of my summer jobs are weddings / private parties. During the rest of the year: dinner-dancings, club, hotels - it's a tiny live music market around here. I also play ocasionally on spontaneous "jam sessions" and in a very amateurish portuguese pop/rock band (students I met in the school I work in).

-- José.

#104869 - 10/21/04 03:48 AM Re: How often do you gig?
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Currently five nights a week, usually in the 6pm-10pm range, with a double on Sunday... sometimes more. I have three regular clients right now and a handful of one-nighters.

#104870 - 10/21/04 08:40 AM Re: How often do you gig?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Six nights a week, and often nursing homes during the day.
DonM

#104871 - 10/23/04 07:51 PM Re: How often do you gig?
Flavie Offline

Loc: Ontario - Canada
Six nights a week, all over the world.
www.fantasyband.ro

#104872 - 10/23/04 09:29 PM Re: How often do you gig?
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
The hurricanes have played havoc with the schudule here. Damage at several of the "animal" clubs caused them to shut down temporarily. many of the mobile parks either lost their clubhouses or residents lost too much to think about social functions...and I really feel bad for the folks who lost their homes. One hotel I play lost the floor their ballroom was on.
Several of the assisted living centers I play during the day had to evacuate residents two or three times and canceled all social activities.

It will get better...and soon, I hope. But, in the mean time, I am playing benefits and any paying jobs I can find.
Eddie

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online