SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#104104 - 01/19/05 05:50 AM Re: Wanted: a review of Roland G70
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Thanks for taking the trouble to review your G70 - Most Useful.

KF

#104105 - 01/19/05 10:02 AM Re: Wanted: a review of Roland G70
ironhill Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by tracknet:
Well, they sound different but...
different in what? For example, how do you see and feel the difference in sounds and styles? What can you say about it?
Are Tyros styles richer?, are Roland styles more varied? are Tyros sounds warmer? is piano voice better in Roland? ...

Hi tracknet,
normally I refuse to answer those questions. But let me try to say why:
To play with a solo sound, for instance a Tenor sax, witch sample does makes me feel
sound like Stan Getz or perhaps more like Zoot Sims? It's depending using the initial touch,
the after touch and the control lever.The more I understand handle this technics the
more I will profit. Another musician with an other understanding of Tenor sax sound, perhaps
a fan of Sonny Rollins, will come to other results. Another example: I like to play waltzes
composed by Johann Strauß. For that I use a warm ensemble string sound. Normally I get it
with three upper parts using different voices. Testing some variety suddenly i find a better
combination with the other instrument by chance. Shell I make up my minds that way?
Now my comment to the piano(s). At the first time I had the feeling G-70 favourite Fantom X
piano sounds a little bit dull to me. But instead of Roland standard effect I use the anhancer.
That has make the sound more brilliant. But I can say: I'm not an expert to give an judgement
in piano sounds. Some words about the styles. I think a lot of feeling are build by using the
intros. That is very well known by the programers. But this says nothing about the normal
variations of a style. It is my feeling that a lot of the styles of both instruments are boring.
But some new composed styles makes me satisfy. My feeling is that new styles using guitars
Roland has some advantage. All over Yamaha's wins. Only my own feeling!
Regards Hanspeter

#104106 - 01/19/05 03:59 PM Re: Wanted: a review of Roland G70
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi
Im using as of now the VA-7 but I need new and more real styls so I thing about the g-70 but, how is the 6 fill in done? were do I have 6 fill in bottons?! how can I have control witch fill in I wana select?!

and also I'm in the USA in NEW YORK and I want to buy it so what should I do?

Thank
J. Klein

#104107 - 01/20/05 02:15 AM Re: Wanted: a review of Roland G70
ironhill Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by Joel Klein:
hi
Im using as of now the VA-7 but I need new and more real styls so I thing about the g-70 but, how is the 6 fill in done? were do I have 6 fill in bottons?! how can I have control witch fill in I wana select?!

and also I'm in the USA in NEW YORK and I want to buy it so what should I do?

Thank
J. Klein

Hi Joel,
the six Fill Ins are selectet together with
a new or the same variation if you press down a key called AUTO FILL IN. Two Fills are aassigned to variation 2 and 3 for up/down/same selection. One Fill are assigned to variation 1 for up/same and to variation 4 for down/same. I don't know where you can buy the board in the states. I think it is not announced in US?
Regards Hanspeter

#104108 - 01/20/05 02:43 AM Re: Wanted: a review of Roland G70
Phantom75 Offline

Loc: Italy
The G70 will be announced (in USA) today at the NAMM show in LA
Regards..

#104109 - 01/20/05 04:55 PM Re: Wanted: a review of Roland G70
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks that is realy GOOOOOOOOD news!

but about how long aftar the namm will I be able to see it with my eys?...

#104110 - 02/12/05 03:42 AM Re: Wanted: a review of Roland G70
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi All,

Do you ever compare the sound and drum quality between Roland G-70 and Roland Fantom X7? I really wondering which one is the best selection.

Thank you.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online