SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#102139 - 10/29/05 02:45 PM the secret of yamaha keyboards...
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hi friends,

did you know....

For "every style" in the proffesional keyboards of yamaha a person works a whole week to arrange this style, set the fx, balance the correct volume, choice of the ots,..

other brands have only the time to make 1 style in 1 or 2 hours.

I think that's the strong position Yamaha has made many years now keyboards that are great when you playing for the first time with a style on this instruments. It's just "open the box and play !!!). 80% is already amazing good on this stuff !!!

Notlos

------------------

#102140 - 10/29/05 02:59 PM Re: the secret of yamaha keyboards...
zuki Offline

Well, if that's the case, then Roland programmers know how to do things fast

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#102141 - 10/29/05 03:09 PM Re: the secret of yamaha keyboards...
notlos Offline

Dit you know (2)...

Every brand has made his patent on several aspect's of the keyboard. a example:

dit you know: Korg has a license to the "2-sequenser option in the pa-series" no other brand can make a keyboard for several years with two sequensers on board".

Yamaha has also the most licenses on some parts of keyboardfunctions.

This make that a new keyboard is sometimes difficult to make if you must count with the differnt licenses of other brands.
you have some other licenses like polyphony,buttons, features in sequensers of keyboards, manner of one touch settings,...

notlos

#102142 - 10/29/05 04:10 PM Re: the secret of yamaha keyboards...
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
notlos, I may be incorrect here but Lionstracs Mediastation has 2 built in file players which play midi files and MP3/Wav etc files. They can both be used at the same time and I can't remember if it's 16 or 32 track sequencer. Whilst a song is playing you can cue another on the same player or ready one for playing on player 2.
It's quite clever (when it works that is as mine was doa and had a mind of its own).
Does this sound like what Korg also has?

#102143 - 10/29/05 04:25 PM Re: the secret of yamaha keyboards...
notlos Offline

Hi Graig,

I don't know it's the same all i know is that korg has a double sequenser with cross-over function. You can play for example two midi files at the same time and switch from midi file 1 to midi file 2 while both's are playing . Also 32 track midifile possible.
(also midifile on seq1 and set a mp3 ready to seq 2).

regards,

notlos

#102144 - 10/30/05 07:14 AM Re: the secret of yamaha keyboards...
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Sounds to me like the one in the Mediastation is far more advanced than the one in the Korg then.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online