SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#100485 - 11/13/05 08:15 PM My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Ok folks. I've had my Tyros2 for a week now, so I suppose it was about time I post something. I chose the classic golden oldie: "California, Here I Come", to CELEBRATE my Tyros2 keyboard, as it actually arrived here into California, not once, but "two times" . First, from Yamaha Japan to Yamaha USA in Buena Park, California, and then, following a brief cross country detour to DanO's place in Baltimore, Maryland, it finally made it back to me here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

This one's a quickie instrumental (no vocals, cuz I'm still recovering from a cold), and played & recorded 'on the fly' in Tyros2 Hard disk recorder mode, and then converted to MP3 format: Play: California, Here I Come

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 11-13-2005).]

#100486 - 11/13/05 08:31 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Scott

The url won't work.

Best
Scott

#100487 - 11/13/05 08:34 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Hi Scott - Great post - glad to hear you are on the "flip side" now! I couldn't get the link to work, tried several iterations. Though I am anxious to hear your board! Also, GREAT PHOTO! You live in a terrific place!

Looking forward to hearing your work soon!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#100488 - 11/13/05 08:37 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Scottyee Offline

Ok guys, the link should work now. - Scott

#100489 - 11/13/05 08:43 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Scott! You fixed it allright! WOW! Nice demo! I haven't played or heard too much T1 stuff, so I can't compare the sounds to that, but I can attest that the organs and brass (of course the saxes too!) all sound like you were at a "musician's convention"! HA HA...GREAT JOB! ENCORE!! MORE!

Since you did the track on your hard drive, I wanted to ask one of you T2 experts how easy it is to remove the recordings from the H/D? I would imagine it is pretty painless - though with my USB stick for the 3K I find it easier to move stuff around by plugging it into my laptop.

Thanks again and glad to "HEAR" (Really - NO PUN INTENDED!! ) you are back at the keys again!

Randy

[This message has been edited by saxxman (edited 11-13-2005).]

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#100490 - 11/13/05 08:49 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Scott,

Sounds like Radio City Music Hall !

I loved the organ sound, and the ending was awesome. Thanks for the demo, and I hope for more.

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#100491 - 11/13/05 09:50 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Scott Langholff Offline

Hey Scott

Glad you're better!

Cool recording. Sounds great. You can tell you're having fun.

I'm looking forward to auditioning the T2.

Best
Scott

#100492 - 11/13/05 11:27 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Hi Scott,

Glad you're on the mend now, thanks everso for releasing your first demo, GREAT STUFF!

Kind regards

Peter

#100493 - 11/14/05 02:06 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Hi Scott
Good to know you are now free of the heavy cold you have been suffering, except for the voice box! but we can wait a little longer for the treat in store
I really enjoyed the on the fly sounds of the T2 which you demoed in your inimitable way.I've played your music a lot and I can tell your style now.
By the way, I loved the picture of what I think is Hyde Street. You perhaps remember that the first time we had a conversation using Skype and Spontania, you saw a similar picture hanging on the wall behind me. The main difference is that your picture has more colour than mine and the tram shown on mine is tram #9, but it also has "Powell and Market" and " I stay at the St.Francis" and "Hyde & Beach,Fisherman's Wharf" on the front!! My Picture was taken when My wife and I were there on vacation in 1988.
cheers
Eddie Johnson

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#100494 - 11/14/05 03:44 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Scott, terrific job, love the sound of the organ!! Great photo too!

#100495 - 11/14/05 03:53 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Hi Scott.

Glad you´re better!
Thanks for sharing this demo. MORE!!!
Have fun with your T2.

Cheers
Armando

#100496 - 11/14/05 05:39 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Dnj Offline

"ALL SKATE"

#100497 - 11/14/05 06:02 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hi Scott,

nice you are better now !!!
nice demo, this song is great for your "premiere" on the T2.
Greetings and many nice times with your new Tyros 2.

notlos

------------------

#100498 - 11/14/05 07:31 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Nice job Scott,
Is it me or does the percussion sound much more natural and 'live' than on the Ty 1?

The new board sounds wonderful and your mastery of it just as wonderful too! Can't wait to hear the first vocal arrangement!
Best wishes Scott
Tony

#100499 - 11/14/05 09:01 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Superb! Tis keyboard sounds like a real band.
Among the instruments you've used I liked the hammong organ the most.
Best regards,
George V

#100500 - 11/14/05 09:04 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Scott:
Allllright, can't wait to get my hands on that organ, sounds B3 to me....Pose

#100501 - 11/14/05 09:21 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Scott,
great sound, control and the rest!

#100502 - 11/14/05 10:09 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Hi friend.

Tks Scott for sharing you first song with your nem machine.
Now, I am waiting for some latin tune...
Chico

#100503 - 11/14/05 11:00 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Good Job on that Scotty,
thanks for also posting a link in the Yamaha Arranger Forum where we are posting most of our Tyros 2 info. http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=39&SUBMIT=Go

Best to you, hope you are getting well.
Bebop

#100504 - 11/14/05 12:09 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Scotty...Good show....with this demo, you took us from Candlestick Park to Carnagie Hall....Wow...Great what a fantastic ending,
keep it up and Michel Vonchen (spl) will have to watch his back....thanks and good luck with the T-2...more songs.....
Tony Rome

#100505 - 11/14/05 02:01 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
zuki Offline

Scott,
Enjoyed the instrumental and the picture. Maybe you can do some Louis Armstrong before your voice heals
zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#100506 - 11/14/05 02:31 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

#100507 - 11/14/05 02:44 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Scott, just gave a listen... sounds great!

Glenn

#100508 - 11/14/05 03:16 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
zalmi Offline

Loc: London, UK
Thanks Scott great stuff!

(sounds like there's a lot to learn to use those SA voices)

All the best,

Zalman

#100509 - 11/14/05 04:54 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Scott, great job on the keys.

I do have one critique. I actually like that song played faster at about 160 bpm to really give a lilt and lift to the beat.

Sounds Great though.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#100510 - 11/14/05 05:44 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
TheWolf Offline

Loc: Finland
Scott, I really enjoyed your first contribution.. and well, while we're on the subject of California, here's my newest song. It's using the Tyros2 "MidnightSwing" -style.

I have been to San Francisco once.. and yes, I did leave my heart there.

This song is for you Scott my friend.
Click here to listen..

Greetings to Scott Yee - enjoy the song buddy!

#100511 - 11/14/05 08:15 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Wow, both of you guys, fantastic sounds!

Real nice work, Scott. Those organ sounds were great!

Wolf, what can I say? That was awesome! I'm listening on our home computer down in the basement. I ran upstairs and grabbed my wife, brought her back down so we could dance to your song. It sounds wonderful! The Tyros 2 sounds wonderful! If that's what they mean by a polished, professional, CD-like sound, well, I'm sold. That's what I'm looking for.

Thanks to both of you!

-mike

#100512 - 11/14/05 11:27 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
royandreno Offline

Wolf!
Great job, wonderful voice!
The nordic community at this forum is proud of you!

#100513 - 11/14/05 11:48 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Scottyee Offline

Many thanks to EVERYONE here who took the time to listen to my first Tyros2 demo song, especially those who responded.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony W:

Is it me or does the percussion sound much more natural and 'live' than on the Ty 1
Hi Tony. Yes, this is exactly what I too noticed on Tyros2 from the get-go. In fact, I believe the entire T2 sound & style palette sounds provides much more 'natural' realism than T1. I performed direct A/B comparisons between T1 & T2 and the difference was dramatic, even on sounds & styles with identical names. It's obvious that though some samples (like the Grand Piano) are the same on T1 & T2, the overall sound (smooth, rich, and with more body & detail) has been improved, perhaps thru new more advanced DSP processing. My aural impression is that the Tyros1 now sounds 'digital', while the Tyros2 sounds more analog (smoother). Kind of like comparing a good MP3 to WAV file.

Quote:
Originally posted by ChicoBrasil:

Now, I am waiting for some latin tune...
Chico

Chico, I of course am looking forward to record a latin tune, but since Andrea has just WOWED US recently with his impressive T2 guitar rendition of "Chega De Saudade", I thought I'd better hold off at least a little while, as I doubt I could top that.

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
I actually like that song played faster at about 160 bpm to really give a lilt and lift to the beat.

Al, believe it or not, I actually played this at well over 200bpm, of which can be easily verified by playing back my song, along to the sound of your keyboard's metronome.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Rome:
you took us from Candlestick Park to Carnegie Hall.

Tony. Man, you must have been reading my mind, as I fondly remember attending the Giants games at Candlestick Park when I was kid, and hearing Jim Rousey (once San Francisco Giants baseball team organist at Candlestick Park) play this very song, of which in part inspired me to play it now. I admit to having no background or experience playing the organ, so the Tyros2 has given me the chance to finally experience the thrill of emulating one on the Tyros2.

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
keep it up and Michel Vonchen (spl) will have to watch his back.

Wow, thanks for the compliment, but I doubt Michel will ever have to compete with me, as he will always rein in Germany. On the other hand, here in the US, Michel, WATCH OUT! Just kidding of course.

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWolf:

I have been to San Francisco once.. and yes, I did leave my heart there.This song is for you Scott my friend.

Heikki (aka the Wolf). I'm truly touched by your dedication of "I Left My Heart In SF" to me. For obvious reasons, this song remains close to my heart too, but I have to admit, because it's so 'overly requested' by audiences here (often several times a night), that I've grown to dread playing it, yet another time. Hearing your rendition now though, has given me a fresh perspective. You have terrific vocal potential, especially with the sincerity of your delivery & and your easily understood (clear) diction. I think Tyros2 has provided you the idea vechicle to showcase both your vocal & keyboard talent. I look forward to hearing more good stuff from you. Keep it up dude.

Ok folks.I plan to record another Tyros2 song (including vocals) in a few more days, including showcasing a different style music genre as well.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 11-15-2005).]

#100514 - 11/14/05 11:59 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
TheWolf Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by msutliff:
I ran upstairs and grabbed my wife, brought her back down so we could dance to your song.

... *sighs*.. I mean wow. That's one of the most beautiful things I've read in a long time. I hope you two are very happy and take care of each other. *sniff*

#100515 - 11/15/05 07:44 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Scottyee & TheWolf

Thanks so much for the demo. I personally like the crispness of the styles. You guys are terrific musicians.

To TheWolf I've never ever heard a better rendetion of I left my heart in San Fransico you just kicked Tony Bennett off the stage. Wonderful voice and wonderful artistry.

Jerry

[This message has been edited by Mainer (edited 11-15-2005).]

#100516 - 11/15/05 08:07 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
GlennT Offline

Wolf... if adapting your interests (your Profile) would give me your voice, bring on the Jack Daniels. Sounds great.

Glenn

#100517 - 11/15/05 08:29 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Scott and Wolf,

Wow, what can I say...we are blessed to have you guys sharing your talents with us here! Thanks for the musical inspiration.

Very best regards,
Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#100518 - 11/15/05 08:32 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Mr Wolf. That was outstanding! You have a superb voice and you play very very well.Clearly you are more than just a hobbyist. Loved your peice!! Scott as usual it goes without saying an excellent rendition.

#100519 - 11/15/05 10:13 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Hello,
I can't find words to express my gratitude to both of you for sharing you performances on the new Tyros. I did not expect that a keyboard could sound that good.
Best regards,
George V

#100520 - 11/15/05 11:15 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Wonderful work guys! I'm glad Wolf isn't from around here. He would have my job. Scott wouldn't want my job!
DonM

#100521 - 11/15/05 12:08 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
claudiu Offline

Loc: Sterling Heights, Michigan USA
Scottye - very nice song - well done - congrats !!!
Wolf - I lost my words while listening to that beautiful song. Beautiful voice and beautiful piano parts. Many congratulations !!!

#100522 - 11/15/05 12:45 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Fran Carango Offline

Wolf, I think that was a sequence from Tune 1000 library...

How are the drums with other Tune 1000 sequences? Did they correct the drum conflict[handclaps instead of brush snare]>

#100523 - 11/15/05 01:19 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
royandreno Offline

?!

#100524 - 11/15/05 01:58 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:

Fran, hate to disappoint you my friend, but you're "wrong". Both Heikki and I don't utilize commercial midi backing sequences in our music. He performed "I Left My Heart In SF" in auto-accomp mode, utilizing the Tyros2 "MidnightSwing" style. Man, it's "all live", and "all good" , cause nothing compares to the authenticity of 'live' arranger mode keyboard playing and singing. - Scott

#100525 - 11/15/05 03:31 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
GlennT Offline

I don't know, Scott. I have that MIDI (Tune 1000) and it sounds VERY much the same, tho slightly more quantized. I can see where Fran's coming from, but you're probably right.

Glenn

#100526 - 11/15/05 04:56 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
TheWolf Offline

Quote:

Uhh.. I'm not sure whether to take this as an insult, or a compliment.

I assume Tune1000 is some kind of midi stuff? Man, I didn't buy the most expensive arranger on the market to use it as a midi karaoke machine - though I'm sure some "performers" resort to doing that. I actually saw some old fart on PSR Tuturial using *one of my* recorded songs (that I did on the PSR3000 and shared on my performer page) on his gig! He was playing my recording, and just moving his hand over the keyboard not touching it. I have a video of this. Unbelievable.

But anyway if you want to duplicate my SF song, get a Tyros2 (or visit someone who has). Punch in the MidnightSwing style, tempo 65. Reduce volume of the drums channel, increase volume of the strings. Use variation A. Play chords by ear (that's how I did it) and extra piano & flute & strings with right hand when needed. Use ending II.

Thanks to everyone btw. for your nice comments.. they encourage me to record and share more. Though Mainer's "you just kicked Tony Bennett off the stage" I think was just a tad too much

#100527 - 11/15/05 04:57 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Fran Carango Offline

Maybe Wolf will enlighten us...

But try this ..take the Tune 1000 sequence..mute tracks 3,4,6,and 9...Sub the arranger pattern from the Tyros, on occasion, and use the Tyros ending...

How close am I Wolf?

If I am wrong you did a great job playing the duplication to a tee..

Your vocals are great..

#100528 - 11/15/05 05:04 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
TheWolf Offline

Ok I'll give it a shot.. where is this Tune1000 thing, you got a direct link please?

#100529 - 11/15/05 05:24 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Fran Carango Offline

Sorry I missed your response before I posted..
No insult was intended..If you played the piano parts by ear, you must already be familiar with Tune1000's sequence, because you are dead on..
Are the piano parts part of the style?

Here is another possibility, maybe the style is taken from the sequence..

Way too close not to be associated one way or another..

I modified the sequence as above and came very close to what I heard in your song[of course without a Tyros ..can't duplicate the ending..
So this reinforced my opinion...right or wrong

Scott I also agree that a good arranger player can do a great job, but please don't toot the horn as if players using sequences can't pull off great performances...you can be just as skillful...besides that even great arranger players can't play my rooms without some sequence arrangements.....Sounding like the record is very important in some venues...
Personally, I prefer playing the old fashion way...left hand bass, drums, piano and a color sound[organ/guitar etc]..

BTW, making our own sequences is great, but I only know a handful of people that can do it like the pros....I don't think you are one..
It takes a super ear, great timing and lots of patience.....yes I tried the business in the early years...nearly impossible to make a living in the sequence business..

Again Wolf with or without sequence help...a great job on your tune..

And No, I don't want a Tyros2, even though it sounds "nice"..

#100530 - 11/15/05 05:33 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
TheWolf Offline

Fran, it's ok, no offense taken. I still haven't heard the Tune1000 sequence, but I did listen to Tony Bennett's version a few times first to learn the chord progressions and the piano parts. I then consulted Scott for a couple of the chords near the end that I couldn't quite make out by listening to Tony.

But the Tune1000 version must obviously be a pretty faithful rendition of Bennett's version then.

#100531 - 11/15/05 05:44 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Fran Carango Offline

Wolf email me and I will send you the sequence...The sequence is also very good..

#100532 - 11/15/05 05:58 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
GlennT Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWolf:
the Tune1000 version must obviously be a pretty faithful rendition of Bennett's version

It is, as is yours. Take Frans observations as a compliment... once again, great job.

Glenn

#100533 - 11/15/05 06:28 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Fran Carango Offline

I just played the Tyros2 midnight swing style..The one variation is indeed very much like the sequence, bass and drum wise..A nice style..maybe I will keep it available on my G...

#100534 - 11/15/05 07:23 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
please don't toot the horn as if players using sequences can't pull off great performances.

Fran. I don't believe I ever said that. Why would I? Afterall, I'm first to admit to having pulled off some 'great performances' myself this way, especially when I want to step away from the keyboard and just sing my heart out. It also allows me to step off stage & smooze and sing to the audience.

My only beef with backing tracks is when so called keyboard musicians are only pretending to be playing live (as the Wolf himself pointed out in his reply), with the keyboard parts actually being played back by the backing midi track. I view this no differently then what lip syncing singers do.

Quote:
making our own sequences is great, but I only know a handful of people that can do it like the pros....I don't think you are one.

As far as being a pro, I think I've earned that title as a keyboard musician and singer-entertainer, but I make no claims (or have any desire) to produce carbon copy arrangments of cover tunes.

I acknowledge that karaoke/midi backing tracks and arranger keyboard auto acomp mode playing each have their place , but considering the fact that this is an "Arranger Keyboard" forum, only expected the focus to be on auto accomp arranger keyboard style playing. Peace.

Scott

#100535 - 11/15/05 07:45 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Fran Carango Offline

Scott, my pro comment was referring to producing sequences...not your entertaining quality..

And since our "arrangers" all incorporate sequence playback, that would also have to be included in our arranger discussion group..

#100536 - 11/15/05 08:18 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
I don't know who is right or wrong, however, I must point out that Fran has got to have a great "MUSIC EAR" and I take my hat off to him for picking out the similarities and closeness of the live and the sequenced tunes...I'll bet many of us wished we had that talent...I do....also, Wolf's song was good and his voice was easy to listen to and full, his playing was as good as any I've heard so far....My hat is off to you Fran...good ear....
Tony Rome

#100537 - 11/15/05 10:05 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Scottyee Offline

Ok, thanks to everyone who sent their copy of the Tune-1000 version of "I Left My Heart" to me. I've forwarded a copy to theWolf.

Upon comparison listening, though I hear some similarities between the T-1000 & Heikki's auto accomp style 'live played' version, Heikki's piano intro & instrumental fills actually include some different notes, and the ending is quite different as well. I really prefer (alot) the sound of Heikki's, as it comes thru as individual & personal, whereas the Tune-1000 version comes off 'canned' sounding to my ears.

It's obvious to me that Heikki was able to very convincingly reproduce, and via live keyboard playing along with utilizing the Tyros2 'MidnightSwing' style, the Tony Bennett cover version, by simply "listening" to the CD, perhaps as well (or better) than the (pro) folks at Tune-1000 could. Bravo to Heikki to a song well done. - Scott

#100538 - 11/16/05 12:16 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Scott Langholff Offline

Scott and Wolf you cats are sounding great.

Wolf: I would be sooooooo curious to see the video you're talking about with the guy using your midi.

Best
Scott Langholff

#100539 - 11/16/05 02:05 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
TheWolf Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
Wolf: I would be sooooooo curious to see the video you're talking about with the guy using your midi.

Best
Scott Langholff

Well ok, you got it. Please note, I do not wish to offend this guy pretending to play on this video. He sent this to me himself, and wrote:

"The video was taken saturday in Silkeborg
I did not play anything I faked to your midi
and waughh people liked it.."

Apparently he thought it was a cool thing to do. Though I wish he would have asked my permission to use it on a gig...

It's taken from my first volume of songs I submitted to PSR Tutorial, a twangy guitar medley. Song is Perfidia. I played it on my PSR-3000 back in May.

And the video is here.

#100540 - 11/16/05 05:48 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Fran Carango Offline

Scott, by "canned"...I think you mean it sounds like the record...Tune 1000 is pretty good at this...

Matter of fact Tune1000 sequences are the only company that I would trust to perform[that means playing over a sequence]...even if I never listened to the sequence before....they are that "canned"....I mean accurate..

#100541 - 11/16/05 09:05 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Scottyee Offline

Fran, curious which of
your demo songs featured on your website, utilized Tune-1000 brand midi backing tracks.

I enjoyed the songs with you featuring your fine back up singer ladies.

- Scott

#100542 - 11/16/05 09:08 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
scott and wolf,s songs were both excellent,a big thumbs up for the tyros 2,the wolf ,watchout your voice don,t get nicked next, if only i had a voice like that,mike

#100543 - 11/16/05 10:29 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
BlkNotes Offline

Dear Fran;

I have couple of questions regarding your demos. Could you explain how you created these demos (i.e. which equipment, Keyboard, softaware etc.. was used) What keyboard is being used to play these songs? Are they midi tracks, or live arranger KB recordings? In Cara Mia I hear a rhythym guitar as well as various otherlive sounding instruments ( in other demos i noticed this as well). Is that a real guitar recorded or arranger? Are the back-up singers real, or a vocal harmonizer ( if so which one?) Thank-you in advance

PS-- I very much liked your demos. Especially the various accompanying parts

Regards;
BN

#100544 - 11/16/05 01:23 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Fran Carango Offline

Scott the only Tune 1000 song on my site is It's now or never..

BN, The only keyboard I used is the Roland G1000...I used my equally old[1998] CTX 200 mmx Laptop with the lowly SB16 sound card for recording....
My recording software was Acid Pro 2[since , I am using Acid Pro4]..

All the songs were recorded in a single take[mistakes or what ever]..in a garage..

No harmonizers were used...all live vocals..

Most of the demos were sequences played by the G1000 with live parts played over top..
One keyboard, and three vocalist..

Most of the recordings[trio songs] are recorded without effects on vocals..

BTW Scott , How are "The Love I Lost", "Rag Doll", 'Runaround Sue" and "Oh Baby Baby"?
Do they come across as too "canned"?

#100545 - 11/16/05 01:44 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hey Fran,

Sounds like the guy singing For The Good Times and the two Elvis songs (the Wonder of You link didn't work for me) is the same singer.

Who is the male singer in the other songs?

-mike

#100546 - 11/16/05 01:57 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Fran Carango Offline

Mike the tunes you mentioned are me ..The other tunes are my trio with Stu [lead vocalist] and JoAnn[female lead] ..I am deligated to backup vocals with the trio..

#100547 - 11/16/05 04:11 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
claudiu Offline

How can i turn on the trigger by velocity setting on the va76 ?

#100548 - 11/16/05 04:14 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scottyee:
[B] Fran, hate to disappoint you my friend, but you're "wrong". Both Heikki and I don't utilize commercial midi backing sequences in our music. He performed "I Left My Heart In SF" in auto-accomp mode, utilizing the Tyros2 "MidnightSwing" style. Man, it's "all live", and "all good" , cause nothing compares to the authenticity of 'live' arranger mode keyboard playing and singing. - Scott

Ray, Ray, Weeee, Ray, Ray, Great words Scott.
John C.

#100549 - 11/16/05 04:21 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
claudiu Offline

anyone knows how to turn on the trigger by velocity setting on the va76 ?

#100550 - 11/16/05 06:32 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Both Heikki and I don't utilize commercial midi backing sequences in our music . . . it's "all live", and "all good" , cause nothing compares to the authenticity of 'live' arranger mode keyboard playing and singing.

Quote:
Originally posted by bruno123:

Great words Scott.
John C.

John. Thanks for your support. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 11-16-2005).]

#100551 - 11/17/05 07:39 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by claudiu:
anyone knows how to turn on the trigger by velocity setting on the va76 ?

This is not the approprite thread for asking this question. I suggest you start a new topic for it.
DonM

#100552 - 11/17/05 09:15 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Fran Carango Offline

What was the subject of this thread? I forget...

#100553 - 11/17/05 11:04 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Just watched the video Wolf. It's bad enough someone faking to your Perfidia song, but you'd have thought he would try to do a better job and look interested instead of standing there struck dumb, it made me laugh anyway someone give him a razor, he could have a shave whilst the music was playing lmao

#100554 - 11/17/05 12:12 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Wolf

I liked your performance as singer and as arranger player .

Congrats from Brasil
Chico

#100555 - 11/17/05 12:19 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
TheWolf Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
someone give him a razor, he could have a shave whilst the music was playing lmao

LOL!!! Why man, that moustache is awesome. I am trying to grow one myself. It helps preserve the aroma.. if ya know what I mean.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online