Ugh! Yeah! Your welcome in advance!...geeze, my freakin eyes...oh sorry it's not your fault really. Hey and I'm just kidding around with you too LOL. I Wonder if Nigel would ever be up to subdueing that terracotta-ish backround? Well anyway, I read your post. There is a program, a company called indeo puts it out called: interactive keyboard. It is grrrrreat! from chopsticks all the way to jazz pro sessional levels. It bounced my all mode arpeggio jazzy ass into next week and left me spinning when I attempted to challenge it. While feeling frisky once, I told it what to do. It is a learning program that is better than the best virtuoso whoever they are. You see, you can manually set it, or you can have it automatically detect your aptitude and dexerity when you play along with it. It can tell you where middle C is and it can tell you how delayed or advanced any particular mid note septuplet was as well as it's keyed duration. It has full-on MIDI implementation, so if you have a good file that is correct, you are going to learn the song. Period. My favorite sweat job is a classic, classical rock of ELP. All impressions of Karnevil Number 9. The way I figure it, when the program whips that out the same as it does anything else on the screen showing you and the accompanied trainer along with the histories of how you play it, have improved, where you need to concentrate your efforts to improve better on a holistic level; not even an excellent pianist/keyboardist/teacher can do all that in just one pass. The best part of all is: An outstanding keyboardist educator is going to charge you about one hundred an hour. The price of this program is that of a half lesson. Fifty bucks. Possibly the best 50 I ever spent. The only thing it has in common with other learning programs is that it comes in a box. Get that and a Motif 8 plus some hefty determination and in three years you will likely be soon to get a standing ovation. Anything is possible whether you do or do not conscieve of it being as such.
Motif 8's are cheap for all that they offer. It is one heavy SOB, but you did say you wanted weighted keys right?
Anything weighted is going to have lots of weight. Hey! I just said something that makes some sense! LOL. All the sounds you mentioned are loaded in it. Plus, if you buy a PLG Piano expansion card along with it's already excellent piano, you'll swear it sounds better than an opened up and freshly stretched late seventies to early eighties Steinway concert grand. Speakers of course, are very important. Yep. The very best learning setups are certainly not directly related to the amount of money spent on them.