Hi,

Thanks! Sorry to be so ignorant on this matter but does the fact that you cannot record into the sequencer mean that you cannot record anything directly to the keyboard period? I'm in the dark in terms of the technology here as I use keyboards strictly for live performance rather than songwriting or any of the more recording oriented uses.

Right now I have a Roland FP-3 and I can hit a record button, play something, and then play that track back while playing something over it. Nothing fancy, but just the ability to play over a groove. despite the lack of a recordable sequencer in the s90, can you do something similar in performance mode?

Sorry to go after you like a yamaha rep but I haven't been able to figure this out looking through the s90 manual and I'm sure you know how uninformed the typical music store sales person is.

Thanks in advance--Evan

Quote:
Originally posted by RW:
Hi keys81,

Errr, Ahhh, George made a mistake. You can not record into the S90's sequencer. It is a playback only sequencer. I'm an owner of an S90 and a Motif ES7. The classic Mo's have built in recordable sequencers and samplers. The ES Mo's have better memory expansion capabilities for the sampler.

But unfortunately you can not record a sequence on the S90. You'd have to create the sequence somewhere else, then you can use the Yamaha File Utility program for the S90, to copy the sequence to a smart media card that you previously insert into the S90. Then you can playback the seq. from the smart media card with the S90.

Peace
Bob
<><

[This message has been edited by RW (edited 10-08-2004).]