I purchased my PSR8000 just over a month ago. Following advice from the YAMAHA website, I obtained the PSR8000-compatible SHURE SM58 microphone in order to use the vocal functions. Whilst using the mic connected to the mic/line-in socket I felt a sting/sharp tingle on my lips from the mic case!!! An electricity tester confirmed my suspicions that there was a current flowing through the mic. Subsequent testing of the mic on several other appliances (Hi-Fi, Amp) confirmed that neither the mic nor the mic lead were faulty.

My keyboard is connected straight to the mains supply (240V), carries the double-insulation symbol (which means that, by definition, it does not require an earth wire) and has a two-pin A/C inlet.

Given that the A/C inlet makes it impossible to earth the appliance, what measures can I take to remedy what looks like a design flaw? Has this happened to anyone out there? According to my local dealer, all YAMAHA keyboards are two-pin and the stinging sensation from the mic case is "normal". Please H E L P !

Many thanks,

An irate YAMAHA customer