To all concerned with this topic,

The following was received by our friendly Yamaha player this a.m.

Hi Mark,
Having read all of Michie's comments on the Technics forum & The Bar both dated 20/01/05, and the replies,I unable to see why she made such a fuss. Nobody else has.

She was only pointing out her own opinion of the political situation, in one case and of the other her understanding of the situation regarding midi files.

My opinion of midi files is different to Michie's. But she is entitled to make the statements that she has. Technics files are not exactly Midi files, are they.

In the Yamaha circles, forums and the like, the only way we can distribute pieces of music on the Internet is by using Midi files.

The moderators of Tyrosworld or Svpworld do not allow the use of MP3 files on their forums.

If a player wishes to publish a MP3 piece he can only do so by putting it on his own web site, then post a notice on the forum to that effect. He can also, of course, send it on an e-mail in answer to a request.

A Yamaha user, if he/she makes a quick record on his or her keyboard it's a midi file.

A Yamaha user, if he or she makes a step record piece it is a midi file.

A Yamaha user, makes a multitrack recording it is still a midi file.

Its only after the keyboard plays back a midi file,and recorded by a sound recorder; will the midi file change to another format.

You will have to forward this on to Michie, I do not know her personal e-mail address.

Byeeeee

Norman