Quote:
Originally posted by BobMiner:
The ultimate goal is to get the S2000 akai samples from my SCSI HD burned to a CD

As far as I understand you'll save your Akai wave files as a backup from your PC's SCSI HDD to a CD. I'm not sure wether you meant an 'image' or a generally 'backup' but creating an image is absolutely not necessary. Copying and comparing (source vs. destination) is providing a lower chance to loose or damage data than imaging AND copying+comparing.

Based on the fact that you only want to make a copy of your valuable samples it's totally easy. You can read data from your SCSI HDD and burn it down on CD-ROM wether it's a SCSI device or an IDE device. You'll need a CD burning software like WinOnCD or NeroBurningROM for it.

If you need software guidance I can help with NeroBurningROM version 5.0 only. But the most burning softwares are similar in their functions.

Burning data on CD means to use the CDFS format (CDFS = compact disc filing system). This format is compatible to ALL CD-ROM drives and to ALL operating systems. So you should be able to connect a CD-ROM drive to your synth and load datas direct from CD to synth (based on the fact that your synth supports this ability!).

I hope this will help you!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)