Well Roland has done it yet again. They introduced a new Juno synthesizer, the Juno-D. I first heard about this over on the VSE BBS. Some of the memebers on there have been pretty harsh about this particular synth and with Roland for produceing it. They say it wrong for Roland to produce a new Juno, and that all roland is doing is reisueing an RS synth as a new Juno. Also that Roland should have left the Juno line alone. But there are a few who do praise it and Roland for introduceing it. It is being sold as a budget synth for under $1,000.00.

Sliders have been replaced with six knobs and a small LCD screen has been added along with a D-Beam controller. It come with Radio Ready sounds. Whcih I am not eaxctly sure what Roland means by that. The body itself is remanisent of the XP-10.

Now I know this is NOT the same synth as say the Juno's 6, 60 and 106, or even the Alpha Juno's, but I think it sounds rather good. This coming from a Juno owner. granted this synth is not going to be everyones cup of tea. But it's nice to see another budget synth on the market. I don't know if any pro's will buy this synth, since it is marketed to the begining synth/keyboard player.
http://www.rolandus.com