In just a few hours, I will be performing at my last, regularly scheduled, music job. Retirement officially begins this afternoon at 5:00 p.m.. Never thought this day would come, but in my heart, I knew it was inevitable.

I was planning to go to the marina tomorrow and put some finishing touches on a few minor things before the boat goes in the water next week. Then the weather report came on TV forecasting 1 to 3 inches of wet snow for tonight and tomorrow morning. DAMNED I HATE WINTER! This winter seems as it will never end, at last from my perspective.

When the boat eventually goes in the water, maybe next week, I'll haul a van load of stuff to the marina that needs to go on the boat, sails, electronics, radar system, pillows, blankets, sheets, towels, cookware, etc... Then I'll head for the liquor store and restock the bar with a couple cases of beer, some fixings for Green Coconut Margarettas, and a large bottle of Jim Beam Honey. Then it's off to the grocery store to stock the pantry.

With luck, the spring will REALLY arrive, and I'll untie the boat, raise the sails and head to Saint Somewhere. When I have internet service I'll check in at my usual haunts, as I cruise down Chesapeake Bay and into the inshore Atlantic coastal waters. I'll probably come home once or twice a month, if for nothing else, to make sure everything is OK at the house and nothing needs my immediate attention.

All I need now is some warm weather,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)