I posted this on the KORG forum and have gotten no response:

I finally got around to upgrading to OS v 1.2, and after completing it I found a couple of problems:
1) I have changed the names of the 'Favorites' banks to coincide with the styles I have created in those banks such as Latin Styles, Jazz, Rock n Roll, Ethnic, etc. After the OS upgrade, I find that the names have reverted back to the factory names of Favorites 1, Favorites 2, etc.
Am I the only one with this problem? And why would an OS upgrade have to eliminate the names I have given to those banks?
The contents of the banks have not changed, only the names.

2) I've found is that some of the song names in the factory songbook do not coincide with the proper style. Below are a few song names, genre, BPM as shown in the 'Songbook' and the style that comes up when that song is selected:
A Hard Day/Night, POP, 148 'ROCK AND ROLL'
Another One Bites Rock 105 'ROCK THE CLOCK'
Besame Frequent Latin 90 'BIGGER BAND'
Cuando El Sol Ballad 68 'SOUTH SHUFFLE'

These are only a few examples - there are MANY others that seem wrong to me.
I would appreciate it if someone could check these songs in their songbook to see if the same styles come up.

Also, could someone check the song "All Me" in the Songbook" ? The style that comes up is "40's Big Band". In STS 1 the UP 1 voice is Grand Piano and the Left Hand voice (LOW) is Grand Piano and shows +1 as an octave indicator. HOWEVER, the LOW voice sounds like the low octave on a piano, and there is no 'Split' - I usually have the split set at A3, and that is what appears on the 'Split' screen.
I would like to know if the factory STS overrides the 'Split' indicator for this particular song.

Lastly, I have added many styles from other KORG kbs to the Factory styles. Especially in the case where an OS update is needed, is there a way to 'Save' all the styles in the 'Factory' banks and reload them after the update WITHOUT losing any of the styles I have added to those banks? My fear is that doing a 'Factory Restore' will just put the kb back to its factory condition, eliminating the styles I have added.

Hopefully, I have explained myself well enough., and I thank you for any help provided, and if anyone has any clues that I might have done something wrong with the update, please let me know.

AAARRRGGGHHHhhhhhh........ and NOW I find that all the harmony voices I put together are GONE !!!