Hi Everyone,

Have just had an opportunity to learn something about the Yamaha CVP209. It has one "outstanding" feature and am wondering if the KN7000 has this or there are any plans in the future of Technics to add this wonderful tool.

The 209 has the ability to program in "key notes". The "key notes" are notes within your song where you want to add expression by slowing the rhythm down for maybe a note or two, or a whole measure (or as many notes in the song as you wish). How it works is you play the rhythm normally and program in the key notes by playing just those notes where you want to input expression. For instance, if in measure 9, I wanted to slow the song down on beats 3 and 4, I would play just those notes on beat 3 and 4 in the song so they record to the key note track. When done inserting the key notes for the whole song, you play the song as normal, but with expression instead of just 1,2,3,4; 1,2,3,4. Here is how it works -- when you get to those pre-programed key notes, your rhythm pauses on the beat prior (in my example, it would be beat 2) to your key note until you actually play the note for beat 3. Then it will hold beat 3 until you play the key note for beat 4. This is way cool, and adds so much to an expressive song. Come on, Technics, I want this feature!

What do you think folks? Is it on the 7000, or do we have to wait -- buying the 209 is out of the question as it is selling at a very inflated price!

Carol