UPDATE:

Hi all! I figured out what the rattling was!

It was the PORT TUBE rattling about in the speakers on certain tones!

I would play that electric piano patch, and hear that ripping, rattling noise. For some reason I decided to stick my fingers in the port tube and press UP. pushing the tube up against the surface. And what happened? Rattle went away!

I called a Event rep and he told me it must be lack of glue! He said he would allow me to put more elmer's glue on the outside of the port tube without voiding my warranty.

At that point, I just decided to return them, seeing as how one was scuffed and there was paper stuck in the woofer cone.

So, I ORDERED another pair, giving Event one more chance. I got my pair the other day, and the first thing I heard was a massive rattle out of the right speaker! Do you believe that? I threw a fit man! And it wasn't even a rattle from the port tube, it was something new!

So I angrily unscrewed the main woofer and checked for loose wires. i put the LED wire out of the way , then pout it back together. The rattle was gone~!

So it just seems to me Event has some MAJOR quality control issues in factories that ASSEMBLE the monitors.

However, they sound absolutely incredible! I seriously can't beleive how good these montiors sound. So , I have decided to keep them. They are worth it to me. I like the bass response on the 8 inch woofer, plus I got a killer deal on them. Not to mention event has sent me a new woofer and two tweeters if any future problems arise. Thats pretty cool. They are a very nice sounding monitor. I can't say that enough.