Hi,

You do realize that the Micromoog is a monophonic instrument, right? Meaning it can only play one note at a time. If you did know this, sorry. But from your description it sounds like you would like something that can create soft warm pads, etc. in chordal fashion and not just solo sounds.

But speaking of mono synths, you might also look for a Sequential Circuits Pro One like THIS . It has similar capabilities to the Micromoog but is has a real Pitch and Mod wheel as opposed to the ribbon controller on the Micromoog. The Pro one has a very nice sounding filter section so warm sounding leads are easy to accomplish.

I would suggest staying away from the ARP Odyssey since the filter section on that model is not as warm as the Moog or SeqCir filters.

In my opinion a Micron or Ion would not be a good choice. Don't get me wrong, these are fine instruments, but the data entry control is anything but intuitive if you are new to analog synth programming.

How about a Roland Jupiter 4, Juno 6 or Juno 60, Yamaha CS60, or even a Korg Poly 6. These are polyphonic instruments (6 note polyphony) and all have dedicated knobs for all functions making it much easier to experiment during your sound creation.

You may also find some useful information by browsing the following two websites;

Go to the Vintage Synth Explorer HERE

Go to the Synth Museum HERE

I hope some of this is useful to you.

Good Luck,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 06-26-2005).]